Private Channel SCMDL

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Private Channel SCMDL

Postby jmprnbr1 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:08 pm

I found this channel listed in the private channel database (SCMDL) and can't find any information on it; and when I go to the channel it's asking for a username and password? Can anyone give me some info this channel and how to access it. Thanks
jmprnbr1

Re: Private Channel SCMDL

Postby kumasuki » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:57 pm

If you absolutely must know, it's an 'adult' channel associated with the StraightCollegeMen.com website (happy now?).
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby Village Idiot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:07 am

I thought it was a legit question considering there wasn't anything in the description.
Upon further looking i noticed it was #146 without the description.
But its also listed as #161 with a full description.
Who ever controls the database should update and remove listing #146
If you honestly don't know something you should be able to ask without getting an attitude.
Village Idiot

Postby jeffrok » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 am

There wasn't any attitude- I think it was called "humor".
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby kc8pql » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:09 am

Village Idiot wrote:Who ever controls the database should update and remove listing #146

Nobody controls it. That's the problem with it. Anybody can make an entry which is why it's such a mess.
TheEndless posted a link to a new site that seems to be much more accurate, so far anyway.
http://almostaccurate.com/roku/
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby gonzotek » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 am

kc8pql wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:Who ever controls the database should update and remove listing #146
Nobody controls it. That's the problem with it. Anybody can make an entry which is why it's such a mess.
Somebody 'controls' it. They leased the domain, hooked it into Google Sites for the hosting and Docs for the form and spreadsheet, and added advertising which, presumably, they may make a few bucks a month on.

They could have initially set it up (or could change it) so that entries would have to be approved before appearing, and so people could submit corrections such as channels that have gone dark or changed names or codes. They could also go in and clean up the db anytime they like. VI is right, IMO, that the site owner should update it. It'd be in their own best interests to have the most comprehensive, and correct, channel listing, since that should draw more people into the site and possibly from there to the advertisers.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek

Postby kumasuki » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

jeffrok wrote:There wasn't any attitude- I think it was called "humor".

That's why I'm not in stand-up :D - I was just picturing the OP's expression when/if they did get into the channel (probably not their cup of tea, but who knows).
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby ukrkoz » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:59 pm

well, it also has a different issue. it will not delete itself. I had it deleted from Channel Store, checked on it several times - it's still in the home screen. It is not listed anymore unde My Channels in Channel Store.
ukrkoz

Postby mommom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Maybe do a hard reset and re add the channels you want?You would have to relink Netflix,etc.
mommom

Postby kc8pql » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:26 pm

ukrkoz wrote:well, it also has a different issue. it will not delete itself. I had it deleted from Channel Store, checked on it several times - it's still in the home screen. It is not listed anymore unde My Channels in Channel Store.

Yeah, they're sneaky. The channel's free to add, but you've got to pay them to get rid of it. :lol:
(just kidding. try rebooting the box.)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion