fujitsu colorstream-roku hdmi

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

fujitsu colorstream-roku hdmi

Postby jgoar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:14 am

I have an older fujitsu tv with "colorstream" as the hd input. I would like to use the roku hdmi output. There is a cable that claims to provide hdmi to component.
http://www.amazon.com/Component-Stereo- ... B001IUQB2W
I understand most component is analog and without an actual conversion from hdmi digital to component analog, this cable is useless.
Fujitsu is a little fuzzy but seems to say that although it uses the component cables, Colorstream is digital.
Has anyone tried to attach a roku to a fujitsu tv via the roku hdmi port using this type of cable?
This is my first time in the forum so may not be in the right place.
Any guidance on using roku forums would be greatly appreciated.
jgoar

Re: fujitsu colorstream-roku hdmi

Postby kc8pql » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 am

No knowledge of your particular TV or what "colorstream" actually is, but I can say that a number of people here, myself included, have run side by side comparisons on the same TV between component and HDMI and have found the PQ indistinguishable between the two. This kind of comparison is possible with the Roku boxes that have component because all the outputs are active all the time. You just connect with both outputs and toggle the TV back and forth between the two inputs.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby kumasuki » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 pm

jgoar wrote:I understand most component is analog and without an actual conversion from hdmi digital to component analog, this cable is useless.

That's right you need more than just a physical adapter - one option is an HDFury2 (they've become difficult to get in the US hence the link to Amazon.UK)
--------------------------------------
Roku XDS; DSM-520; HDX1000 w/1TB drive; Neuros; Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR; HDHomeRun; Vudu; VuNow HD; Boxee Box
kumasuki

Postby Floyd R. Turbo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 pm

I had a Toshiba HIDEF, flat-screen CRT that had "colorstream" inputs. The "colorstream" inputs are just component video inputs.
I don't know why Toshiba referred to component as "colorstream".
No matter where you go, there you are.
Floyd R. Turbo

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion