Beta Channel from FlickStream.com

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Beta Channel from FlickStream.com

Postby SolveLLC » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Free for now. Constructive feedback is welcome. Should be live in the channel store soon (edit: no it's not...we'll explain later), but here's a sneak preview for the forums.
Enjoy.
https://owner.roku.com/add/WVS3B
Last edited by SolveLLC on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolveLLC

Re: Beta Channel from FlickStream.com

Postby candita » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:18 pm

looks interesting but would like more info..is this a channel that combines movies & shows from your other channels?
candita

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:27 am

candita wrote:looks interesting but would like more info..is this a channel that combines movies & shows from your other channels?

Right now there is no overlap between channels. More on that once it's officially released. BTW, press the "down" button to remove the artwork and view in full-screen.
SolveLLC

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:02 am

SolveLLC wrote:
candita wrote:looks interesting but would like more info..is this a channel that combines movies & shows from your other channels?

Right now there is no overlap between channels. More on that once it's officially released. BTW, press the "down" button to remove the artwork and view in full-screen.

Visit http://tv.flickstream.com for more info.
SolveLLC

Postby jp1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:08 am

The artwork was a bit confusing at first. I thought I was going to be able to change the channels. :oops:

Cool channel though, If the price is right I will probably stick with it once it becomes paid.
jp1

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:16 am

jp1 wrote:The artwork was a bit confusing at first. I thought I was going to be able to change the channels. :oops:

Cool channel though, If the price is right I will probably stick with it once it becomes paid.

Like I said, it's free for now. If you want to support the channel, buy something from one of the commercials. If we don't get sales that can support the bandwidth, we'll have to start charging for it.
SolveLLC

Postby robertm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 pm

jp1 wrote:The artwork was a bit confusing at first. I thought I was going to be able to change the channels. :oops:

Yep. I kept pressing buttons to change the channel. I don't understand why the TV would be there with knobs if not to change the channel.

The right arrow and fast forward take you out of the channel, which is annoying, and the left arrow and rewind re-load the channel for some reason.
robertm

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:53 pm

robertm wrote:

Yep. I kept pressing buttons to change the channel. I don't understand why the TV would be there with knobs if not to change the channel.

The right arrow and fast forward take you out of the channel, which is annoying, and the left arrow and rewind re-load the channel for some reason.

See, that's why we have beta. The FF and RR are fixed. As far as changing the channel, you might not be old enough to remember, but you have to stick a screwdriver in where the knob is because it's broken. Vice-grips might work as well.
SolveLLC

Postby SuetyStanes » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:02 pm

SolveLLC wrote:See, that's why we have beta. The FF and RR are fixed. As far as changing the channel, you might not be old enough to remember, but you have to stick a screwdriver in where the knob is because it's broken.

Or use a pair of pliers. :)
SuetyStanes

Postby kc8pql » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:04 pm

SolveLLC wrote:... you have to stick a screwdriver in where the knob is because it's broken.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby robertm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:25 pm

Pffft... we weren't on welfare. We used a pair of vice grips.
robertm

Postby CalvinMcGowan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:43 pm

SolveLLC wrote:Visit http://tv.flickstream.com for more info.

That web page provides no information about the channel except to say it's available in the Roku Channel Store, which is not true. The channel loads relatively fast. The video and sound quality is decent. The channel's watermark is too prominent. It needs to be a little more transparent. The artwork is 'cutesy' overkill; I recommend removing that feature from the channel. Despite the somewhat negative review, I like the channel so far. Thanks for creating it.
CalvinMcGowan

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:49 pm

CalvinMcGowan wrote:
SolveLLC wrote:Visit http://tv.flickstream.com for more info.

That web page provides no information about the channel except to say it's available in the Roku Channel Store, which is not true. The channel loads relatively fast. The video and sound quality is decent. The channel's watermark is too prominent. It needs to be a little more transparent. The artwork is 'cutesy' overkill; I recommend removing that feature from the channel. Despite the somewhat negative review, I like the channel so far. Thanks for creating it.

It provides about as much information as needed. "Everything you've never wanted to see, but can't stop watching!", well that and ads, lots of ads. Did I mention ads? Gotta pay the bills somehow.

It's submitted to the Channel Store, that's why we gave out the private code for a "preview". Only the forum nerds know it exists at this point.

We're not removing the watermark, sorry. Glad you think it's cute however.

Glad you liked it, I was about to give you your money back :).

(just in case you didn't know, I'm kidding, I'm a kidder, well, except for the watermark, that stays, not kidding).
SolveLLC

Postby JRob » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:58 pm

During the "commercial" breaks, does the name of what is being shown ever pop up? I've been watching this movie for the last twenty minutes and have no idea what the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> it is.
JRob

Postby SolveLLC » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:01 pm

JRob wrote:During the "commercial" breaks, does the name of what is being shown ever pop up? I've been watching this movie for the last twenty minutes and have no idea what the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> it is.

That's part of the fun. You get to make up your own name for the movie. I call the one playing now "Dusty Undertakers'.

We will be putting a lower third on the movies after the commercial breaks, but it takes quite a bit of time and man/computing power to do all of that editing. No time frame on that being done.
Last edited by SolveLLC on Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolveLLC

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion