Flixster not working

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Flixster not working

Postby SuetyStanes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:37 am

I remember this being talked about recently, but I seem to be having the same problem still. Looking at a couple of previews last night, the loading would start, not make any progress, then dump me back to the movie screen (with the description of the movie and the option to play the preview).

This is somewhat sporadic. It happened with Morning Glory and I believer The Next Three Days. Other previews of new on dvd did work though. Thought maybe it was a problem with the server not responding at first so went back and the previews that didn't work before still didn't work.

Am I the only experiencing this, or has Flixster basically become worthless to others too? I'm not going to raise a stink about a free channel that just shows previews not working, but it was a nice way to check out what's going on in the movie world since I don't watch much commercial television and so miss the previews and whatnot I'd normally see there.
SuetyStanes

Re: Flixster not working

Postby RokuPatrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 am

We'll check with Flixster and see about getting them fixed. You shouldn't have that experience.
Patrick
Roku Developer Program Manager
RokuPatrick

Postby RokuPatrick » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:52 am

Both trailers in question just played fine for me (in HD). What quality level were you getting? If you have the problem again, be sure to post so that we can take a look.

Patrick
Patrick
Roku Developer Program Manager
RokuPatrick

Postby SuetyStanes » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:20 am

RokuPatrick wrote:Both trailers in question just played fine for me (in HD). What quality level were you getting? If you have the problem again, be sure to post so that we can take a look.

Patrick

You know, I don't remember. Not sure I even got to that point? The trailers that did play I got 4 dots (never saw the HD symbol, but does that show up on Flixster?). I then went on to watch a preview at a different site online and rented the movie and watched it all the way through in HD through Amazon without any problems.

This was my experience with this channel in the past as well though. I gave up on it for a while, but figured I'd try it again last night. Same thing: some trailers stall out on the loading screen without really loading at all and dump me back to the previous screen with the movie info. Repeatable. Others play just fine. Same experience I was having a couple of months ago.

I'll try a few again tonight and report back with some of the trouble titles.
SuetyStanes

Postby optikhog » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I had similar issues last night - it behaves as though Flixster itself is having some bandwidth issues as I was able to replcate the buffering of HD previews on PC.
optikhog

Postby SuetyStanes » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 am

optikhog wrote:I had similar issues last night - it behaves as though Flixster itself is having some bandwidth issues as I was able to replcate the buffering of HD previews on PC.

Well, everything seemed to be working fine last night. I think you're right, it must be some kind of bandwidth issue. Weird that it would happen repeatedly with the same title, and not with others, but it could be I was somehow mistaken about that.
SuetyStanes

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion