Paid Channels / Apps

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Paid Channels / Apps

Postby Platinumyears » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:55 am

Since owning my Roku boxes I've have to perform a factory re-set twice to correct problems. This meant reloading the channels and re-activating channels with the services. Not major problem, but it has me wondering about one-time pay channels and apps. If I purchase a channel or app from the channel store via the Roku box, is the channel/app associated with that box or my account? Could I use it on my second box, or would I have to purchase the same thing again? Finally, if I reset my box(es) would I have to paid again?

Thanks in advance.
Platinumyears

Re: Paid Channels / Apps

Postby TheEndless » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 am

Channel purchases (through the channel store) are tied to your account, not to a specific box, so you'd only pay once to get it on every box associated with that account. Resetting your box should not require re-purchase.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Re: Paid Channels / Apps

Postby Platinumyears » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Thanks for the response, the app that raised this issue with me was your new Instant Watch Browser for NetFlix. Knowing that once I purchase it I can use it on all boxes with my account and reinstall it later if necessary made this decision an easy one. Installed the program and just love it! The perfect companion for NetFlix on the Roku, makes finding material without the disappointment of "DVD Only" so much easier.

Thanks for the prompt response and for a great Roku / NetFlix app.
Platinumyears

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion