Sirius/XM

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Sirius/XM

Postby ryanxwalton » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 pm

One thing I noticed this morning with this channel is that if you leave it running for more than 4-5 hours, it's quite impossible for me to exit the channel. I had to unplug my Roku just so I could get a home screen. Is there anything that can be done to correct this?
If it doesn't work, keep beating it with the hammer till it does.
ryanxwalton

Postby texashildy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am

My channels are playing well and sound great, but the info shown for what is currently playing is wrong. Is there an easy fix that I'm not aware of?
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.
texashildy

Postby ryanxwalton » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:14 pm

texashildy wrote:My channels are playing well and sound great, but the info shown for what is currently playing is wrong. Is there an easy fix that I'm not aware of?

That happens with Lithium all the time now, but Howard 100/101 works just fine.
ryanxwalton

Postby texashildy » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 pm

ryanxwalton wrote:
texashildy wrote:My channels are playing well and sound great, but the info shown for what is currently playing is wrong. Is there an easy fix that I'm not aware of?

That happens with Lithium all the time now, but Howard 100/101 works just fine.

It happens on most of the channels that I listen to on a regular basis. I can make myself ignore it, but it is a distraction if I'm in the room because I inevitably find myself looking to see the song title or artist and only find the info to be inaccurate.
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.
texashildy

Postby TheEndless » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:06 pm

The mismatched title information is the result of the major channel re-numbering that SiriusXM did about a month and a half ago. At the moment, there is no workaround for it.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless
** Valued Community Member **

Postby baldbear » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:45 am

Does the XM side of this work at all? I had it working a couple years ago, but now it's dead. Can't log in at all. (tried Sirius and XM).

Is there a trick? I have TVERSity running. Or is there a way to reset and start over?
baldbear

Postby trfox001 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:59 pm

Issues with Sirius Channel not appearing in the Channel Store. I had removed the Sirius channel when Sirius altered their channel and you had to make an update. Now I wanted to re-add the channel back and it will not populated in the Channel store list. I have performed a factory reset and restarted and reconfigured all my information. I contacted Roku and they said it was a private channel and I had to post in this forum to obtain support. Can anyone assist or know how to get the Sirius channel to show up in the store? Please help as this is my main and only app I use in Roku. Thanks.
trfox001

Postby ryanxwalton » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 pm

trfox001 wrote:Issues with Sirius Channel not appearing in the Channel Store. I had removed the Sirius channel when Sirius altered their channel and you had to make an update. Now I wanted to re-add the channel back and it will not populated in the Channel store list. I have performed a factory reset and restarted and reconfigured all my information. I contacted Roku and they said it was a private channel and I had to post in this forum to obtain support. Can anyone assist or know how to get the Sirius channel to show up in the store? Please help as this is my main and only app I use in Roku. Thanks.

Go here: https://owner.roku.com/add/SXM
ryanxwalton

Postby TheEndless » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:48 pm

trfox001 wrote:Issues with Sirius Channel not appearing in the Channel Store. I had removed the Sirius channel when Sirius altered their channel and you had to make an update. Now I wanted to re-add the channel back and it will not populated in the Channel store list. I have performed a factory reset and restarted and reconfigured all my information. I contacted Roku and they said it was a private channel and I had to post in this forum to obtain support. Can anyone assist or know how to get the Sirius channel to show up in the store? Please help as this is my main and only app I use in Roku. Thanks.

I asked to have the channel removed from the channel store due to the issues with the Sirius and XM legacy streams. You can add it via the site in my signature, but I can't guarantee full functionality.
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby trfox001 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:35 am

The Endless,
I added private channel via link you gave me, and waited overnight, restarted roku, went in and out of channel store several times and Sirius channel still is not appearing. I checked purchase history and shows I added it. Can you please provide help? I am having party tonight and really wanted to play the sirius channel on roku....................Thank you!!!!
trfox001

Postby TheEndless » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:39 am

trfox001 wrote:The Endless,
I added private channel via link you gave me, and waited overnight, restarted roku, went in and out of channel store several times and Sirius channel still is not appearing. I checked purchase history and shows I added it. Can you please provide help? I am having party tonight and really wanted to play the sirius channel on roku....................Thank you!!!!

Be sure to enter and exit the channel store using the Home button, instead of the Back button. I've seen cases where using the Back button doesn't cause a sync.
TheEndless

Postby greenpyrs » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:52 pm

XM/Sirius keeps telling me that "orbcaster not running" But everything on my desktop says it is. I spent hours with the Roku team, reinstalled orbcaster, then the livechat guy tells me to delete the xm channel, and then reinstall it... He has no idea that it isn't in the channel store. Great help, maybe he should read the forum! I reinstalled the channel via the above link, but I am afraid that tomorrow I will just continue to have the orbcaster issue. Should I just scrap it and go with the other player option?
THANKS
greenpyrs

Postby TheEndless » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Have you followed the walkthrough here? http://roku.permanence.com/siriusxm/orb_setup.htm
Particularly the steps starting at step 12.
TheEndless

Postby greenpyrs » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Yes, followed the steps exactly, still tells me that "orbcaster not on" ??
greenpyrs

Previous

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion