New Pandora app not working on Roku

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

New Pandora app not working on Roku

Postby Cliffco » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:29 am

Hi

I discovered that a new Pandora was downloaded and installed on my Roku 2days ago. When I try to use it, it goes into the Pandora splash screen, waits a bit and then tells me it can't connect to Pandora. I Asked Roku support who answered promptly and suggested I delete the app and reinstall it again. I have done this but the problem remains the same. I also tried rebooting without it helping either.

I can still access Pandora thru my iPad, PC and my other Roku running the old Pandora app and all using the same Internet connection. So there seems to be a specific problem with the new Pandora app on the Roku.

Any thoughts on how to fix this or get the previous app reinstalled?

I really enjoy my Pandora so this is really frustrating right now.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Thanks
Cliff
Cliffco

Re: New Pandora app not working on Roku

Postby Gilgamesh » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:22 am

No problem with Pandora for the vast majority of users. It is stable and much improved for most users and there is no way to revert to an earlier ch.

There are lots of things to try but the first is to unplug your Roku wait a bit, 10-20 seconds, then replug it.

If that does not work report back here and include your Roku model number, how it is connected to your local network, number of chs you have installed, and report any other chs that have problems.
Gilgamesh

Postby Cliffco » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Gilgamesh

Many thanks for the reply. I did try the remove power, wait 20 secs and restart but the result was the same. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, also without success.

I have a Roku XD model.

I connect to the Internet through a VPN service called AceVPN. I understand this may be related to the problem, but it's worth remembering that every other service I connect to, whether on Roku or not works fine through this connection. I also have a Roku XD/S, which still works with the old Pandora app fine through this same connection - as does my iPad and PC connections to Pandora.

Thanks
Cliff
Cliffco

Postby KennyJ » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:23 pm

Cliffco wrote:Hi Gilgamesh

Many thanks for the reply. I did try the remove power, wait 20 secs and restart but the result was the same. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, also without success.

I have a Roku XD model.

I connect to the Internet through a VPN service called AceVPN. I understand this may be related to the problem, but it's worth remembering that every other service I connect to, whether on Roku or not works fine through this connection. I also have a Roku XD/S, which still works with the old Pandora app fine through this same connection - as does my iPad and PC connections to Pandora.

Thanks
Cliff

Your network may be blocking the Pandora CDN. Or it's possible a hop is broken between you and the Pandora CDN. I seem to remember at some time in the past, a few people reported problem with Pandora when it first launched. Some users had success changing their dns.
KennyJ

Postby Cliffco » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:31 am

Thanks KennyJ

I'll try a couple of other DNS settings and see it it helps.

Much appreciated

Cheers
Cliff
Cliffco

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:33 am

It's also possible that Pandora is blocking people on a VPN now. I seem to recall that their new contracts require them to be more diligent in policing what areas get service.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion