"Stuck" in Channel Store on Roku2 XS

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

"Stuck" in Channel Store on Roku2 XS

Postby quavebslreb » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am

Recently, I have gotten "stuck" when attempting to access the Channel Store on my Roku2 XS.

***I highlight the Channel Store from the Main Menu...I am then taken to a Channel Store screensaver-type screen; however, I am never taken to the actual Channel Store. It just stays on this screen.

I am able to get out of the Channel Store screen by pressing the "Home" button (Nothing happens if I try to press the "Back" button.).

This is not the case all of the time; however, it seems to be happening with more and more frequency as of late. Example: I have recently tried to access the Channel Store (back-to-back), all to no avail.

Thanks!

Stephen
Metairie, LA
quavebslreb

Re: "Stuck" in Channel Store on Roku2 XS

Postby RokuShawnS » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:02 am

Have you tried rebooting the Roku? There were a few posts a while back in which that solved the issue for a few folks.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby quavebslreb » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:18 am

RokuShawnS wrote:Have you tried rebooting the Roku? There were a few posts a while back in which that solved the issue for a few folks.

C. Shawn Smith

I just rebooted my Roku2 XS, and was able to get into the Channel Store without any issue(s).

Having said this, I try to reboot my Roku players at least once a week, yet just noticed for the first time this issue last night.

Thanks!

Stephen
Metairie, LA
quavebslreb

Postby RokuShawnS » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:28 am

Good deal :)

Yeah, a weekly reboot is probably a good idea for all electronic devices such as computers, routers, and Rokus ... I've gotten out of the habit recently, and I've noticed I've had more issues with my computer and internet connection than usual.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby jeffrok » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:16 pm

I've been asking this for a long time but nobody at Roku has taken me (or others) up on it..

Why not have a "Roku Reboot" option in the menu? It's so much easier than unplugging the thing.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok
** Valued Community Member **

Postby renojim » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

+1 Why is there a readily available "Factory Reset" option that most people will never use and not a simple reboot option that many, many people would benefit from having?

-JT
renojim
** Valued Community Member **

Postby destruk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:14 am

The box should reboot itself once before running any channel - that would make the sandbox more effective.
destruk

Postby Gilgamesh » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:10 am

destruk wrote:The box should reboot itself once before running any channel - that would make the sandbox more effective.

I hope you are joking! That is a horrible idea, It takes minutes to reboot and that would be an intolerable wait just to get into a ch.
Gilgamesh

Postby Wilbury » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:23 am

I'm having the same problem as Stephen in Metairie, LA.

While rebooting "solved" the problem the first time, I had the same issue every time I tried accessing the Channel Store on subsequent days. I don't think this should be a necessary step to operating the player on a daily basis.

Once I get into the Channel Store, it often doesn't let me add a channel without repeated attempts.

My download speeds are in the 10-12 Mbps range and the wireless network signal is shown to be "Excellent" on the Roku device.
Wilbury

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion