Channel won't play

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Channel won't play

Postby plschrader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:59 am

I attempted to watch a new channel that just officially started yesterday. I have watched several programs on the beta version of this channel including a streaming program and it was great. Yesterday when I attempted to watch something whether it was live stream or or not the screen would flick like it was going to play then jump back to the screen where you selected to watch it. All other channels work fine. I tried reloading the channel, no luck.
plschrader

Re: Channel won't play

Postby mikebdoss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:05 pm

plschrader wrote:I attempted to watch a new channel that just officially started yesterday. I have watched several programs on the beta version of this channel including a streaming program and it was great. Yesterday when I attempted to watch something whether it was live stream or or not the screen would flick like it was going to play then jump back to the screen where you selected to watch it. All other channels work fine. I tried reloading the channel, no luck.

Why didn't you name the channel?

Assuming it's GBTV, it's probably suffering under the load of higher viewership. This is very common with new channels, because the content providers don't always allow for such high volume. It's probably up to them to fix on their side - there are only so eels you can fit through the pipe at once.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby plschrader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:10 pm

Thank you. It is GBTV
plschrader

Postby plschrader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I didn't want to post the channel because then people start talking trash and I don't have time for that.
plschrader

Postby mikebdoss » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:14 pm

plschrader wrote:I didn't want to post the channel because then people start talking trash and I don't have time for that.

Without naming the channel, in general, people can't help you. Most of us have gotten our trash talking out of the way.
mikebdoss

Postby jeffrok » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 pm

As tempted as I am to talk political trash, I keep it off the Roku boards. Don't be afraid to post questions, and if it gets out of hand, let the moderators handle the trash talk.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok

Postby plschrader » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks for the help. In the future I will post the channel. The trash talk when they announced GBTV was out of hand. Thank you for the courtesy of not being a part of that. I could trash talk sports channels 24/7 but I also shall refrain.
In my opinion, Roku is one of the best things to happen to television in a long time. I predict there will be much more streaming content.
plschrader

Postby kc8pql » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

plschrader wrote:In my opinion, Roku is one of the best things to happen to television in a long time. I predict there will be much more streaming content.

It's a big tent. There's room for everybody.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby mommom » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Quit trash talkin' the trash talkers!! :mrgreen:
mommom

Postby Colibri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:34 am

I've had the same problem trying to watch GBTV on my Roku this morning. It appears the lower subscription rate of 4.95 doesn't allow me to watch some content, such as documentaries, Glenn's radio program, and many more. See comparison list here: http://web.gbtv.com/roku/index.jsp.
Colibri

Postby baclarsen » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:00 pm

My GBTV channel is also not working, for 2 days now every time I try and watch any show on GBTV it will try to load but then go back to the previous screen.

It does this at all time of the day, even 4a.m., so I don't think it is a problem with too many users on at the same time.
baclarsen

Postby baclarsen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Got it working again, after being lied to by tech support (told the problem was with GBTV and they were working on it, and everyone is having this problem) I finally reset it back to factory default. Everything started working as advertised.. :D
baclarsen

Postby bfwalker » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:35 am

How did you reset ROKU to "default?" I to continue to have problems getting GBTV to play.
bfwalker

Postby baclarsen » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:00 am

From the home screen click "settings" then go all the way over on the right and click "factory reset". Good luck. Still no other problems.

After you do this you will have to re-authorize your ROKU and GBTV, just like you did out of the box.
baclarsen

Postby destruk » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:15 pm

You weren't lied to, at the time it was the truth. And their truth changes every few days. So...I think that's all the trash talk we have time for here. :)
destruk

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion