Netflix sound problems

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Netflix sound problems

Postby gorlitz » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:27 am

Just bought the roku 2 xs and am having 2 sets of sound related problems on netflix. The first is the sound and the scene do not sync. Just as the movie starts I begin to hear dialogue that would normally appear 10 minutes into the movie. The second problem is there is no sound at all. Just as the scene starts all I hear is a loud static burst and than nothing else. Some other problems include the picture freezing and being kicked out of the movie back to the movie description screen. I performed a factory reset. I deleted netflix than unplugged my roku and re-added netflix but neither have solved my problem
thank you for your time,
Kurt
gorlitz

Re: Netflix sound problems

Postby jhanson » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:24 am

I'm seeing that this morning too. Never had it happen before.
jhanson

Postby Error001 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:30 am

I'm having the same issue. Roku 2 XS connected to Sony KDL-46V5100 via HDMI. The problem started with audio not syncing correctly with video, while using Netflix. So I tried some other shows. Now i'm not getting any audio. The video will freeze about 15sec into a show, and quit playing. All other apps work great. No problems with Hulu, Vimeo, Break...

This is a new Roku and I just set it up last night, as a replacement to my Sony Net connected BD player. So I've never used Netflix on this device.

I originally thought this was a issue with my device. However, if others are having the same problem, it could be a global network\system issue.
Error001

Postby brooklynbrian » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:54 pm

I'm having this problem also, starting last night (Sep 16). Same as described: sound on Netflix doesn't sync up, and it boots us back to the "play movie" screen and movie description after a few minutes. My toddler's upset he can't watch Toy Story! Other video programs work fine, and Netflix works fine on our computer. Any ideas on how to resolve this problem?
brooklynbrian

Postby mkiker2089 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:12 pm

This is most certainly a Netflix problem. I too am having issues and users of downrightnow.com have reported that Netflix is having intermittent issues.
-Marshall-

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv.
I know nothing, I see nothing, I wasn't there,
and if I was there, I was asleep.
mkiker2089

Postby Palkema » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:10 pm

I'm having thus issue as well. Only seem to be getting it with Netflix on the roku, not on ps3 or iphone.
Palkema

Postby jhanson » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Still broken for me too.
jhanson

Postby wpshepherd » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:49 pm

My Roku 2 XD is having similar problems with sound out of sync on Netflix. As much as 19 minutes. Periodically exits movie and returns to Roku menu for Netflix. Works great on Amazon, Hulu, ect. Talked with tech support. Not much help. I have an older model in another room, Roku XD, works great. Monday I will return the Roku 2 XD to Best Buy and exchange for a Roku XD. Same price. They still had about 5 of them left three days ago. Apparently, the two models use different methods to interface with the Netflix servers. The older model uses an activation code that is entered on the Netflix web page. The newer model uses your Netflix user id and password. Maybe the new model is not yet ready for prime time.
wpshepherd

Postby amrharrymac » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 am

Is it related to DD+ ?

Once I realized I wasn't going to be able to decode surround sound from Netflix and just let the shows default to 2CH all my hang-up, reboot and sound problems issues stopped with Netflix. I have my Roku 2 XS set to 5.1 sound and my receiver set to virtual surround sound, no AVR just a HDMI switch with digital audio output.

Never had problems with Hulu plus except 1 episode of a series that just would not play right but I could watch it on my PC. I just skipped that episode on the Roku, watched it on the PC and then the next episode played fine.

I sent the an email to report the problem so maybe they can fix it for the next person who gets to that episode in the series.

I have heard that Netflix reporting system will not let you report a specific episode or movie this way so I must want to know the truth. Plausible deniability.
ROKU 2 XS via ethernet direct from router
Yamaha RX-V373 w/ Dolby Digital +
Panasonic TH-50PZ85U 50" Plasma TV
Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray player
Apple Airport Extreme 3rd gen Wireless Router
Uverse 6 Mbps
amrharrymac

Postby jhanson » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:26 am

amrharrymac wrote:Is it related to DD+ ?

Don't think so. I use just the default stereo setup.
jhanson

Postby jambandit7 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:08 am

Same problems here as well. Not happening with older model Roku....just the Roku2. (Just with Netflix though) Latest in the newspaper, Netflix is down 600,000+ subscribers... if better attention is not given to their streams than this, those numbers will continue to decline. This is most certainly on NF's end, not Roku. Many unhappy Roku'ers in my neighborhood. Oh well, it is what it is...time to convey my unhappiness to Netflix.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers
Roku2 XD- 3050X/HDMI/Composite Audio
Roku XD-Composite A/V
Roku XD-HDMI
jambandit7

Postby aaronwt » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:57 pm

They still have over 23 million subscribers. That is still as many or more than what Comcast has.
Roku 3
Roku 2 XS--Roku 2 XD
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
aaronwt

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion