How many Amazon Prime streams.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

How many Amazon Prime streams.

Postby gearcrasher » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

I was thinking about dropping Netflix and getting Amazon Prime. Could use Amazon's 2 day shipping with Christmas on the way. However we use two Rokus so was wondering if I can stream to two boxes at the same time with Amazon like we do with Netflix? Actually most of the movies we watch now are rented from Amazon since dropping Netflix DVD service.
Roku XD
Roku HD
Roku XD/S
Logitech Revue
Sony SMP200
Directv HR21
gearcrasher

Re: How many Amazon Prime streams.

Postby Serendip » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Per Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_lnav_dyn?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200572830

You may stream up to two videos at the same time using the same Amazon.com account. You may stream the same video to no more than one device at a time.

That is whether purchased video, rented video, or Amazon Prime video.
XDS, XDS, HD-XR, (I like Roku!) Comcast, Router: Apple Airport Extreme, Modem: SB6120, Wireless, HDMI, 21 channels
Serendip

Postby catastrophegirl » Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:16 pm

I've seen more than one person on the facebook roku page mention that they got 2 simultaneous streams on two rokus with amazon prime. i haven't tried it myself. but make sure what you want to watch is included in prime. i have prime but i'm still paying per episode for the current season of doctor who...
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Postby PaJoe » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:05 am

Make sure you try the Amazon channel and like it before you drop Netflix. We have Amazon Prime and do most of our on line shopping there but the Amazon channel on the Roku is not very easy to use compared to the Netflix channel. You need to waste a lot of time looking for the program you may want to watch, nothing at all like Netflix where the next episode is there waiting when you pick a series. The layout of the Amazon channel is poor, making it more difficult and time consuming to find what you want to watch compared to Netflix.

However, as I wrote, we have been using Amazon Prime for a few years now and Amazon is the first place we shop on line, even without using the Amazon channel on the Roku we like Amazon Prime.
PaJoe

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion