Amazon Sluggishness

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Amazon Sluggishness

Postby UprightCitzen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:09 pm

New to the Roku and I've been using it to stream from Amazon, and it's really great, except for sometimes when it takes 10 seconds to accept remote commands. Sometimes even longer where it just won't respond at all. This seems to happen after my Roku has been on for some time. It seems to be like some kind of memory leak. It's making my device really hard to use the way I want it.
UprightCitzen

Re: Amazon Sluggishness

Postby philsoft » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:16 pm

UprightCitzen wrote:New to the Roku and I've been using it to stream from Amazon, and it's really great, except for sometimes when it takes 10 seconds to accept remote commands. Sometimes even longer where it just won't respond at all. This seems to happen after my Roku has been on for some time. It seems to be like some kind of memory leak. It's making my device really hard to use the way I want it.

The best "remedy" I have found for this problem is to reboot the box each day before I begin using it.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Postby UprightCitzen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 am

philsoft wrote:
UprightCitzen wrote:New to the Roku and I've been using it to stream from Amazon, and it's really great, except for sometimes when it takes 10 seconds to accept remote commands. Sometimes even longer where it just won't respond at all. This seems to happen after my Roku has been on for some time. It seems to be like some kind of memory leak. It's making my device really hard to use the way I want it.

The best "remedy" I have found for this problem is to reboot the box each day before I begin using it.

While I appreciate the advice that is simply not a fix that anyone should be ok with. While the new boot animation is nice and all I don't want to have to reboot my Roku daily. That doesn't seem like too much to ask either.
UprightCitzen

Postby philsoft » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:21 am

UprightCitzen wrote:
philsoft wrote:

While I appreciate the advice that is simply not a fix that anyone should be ok with. While the new boot animation is nice and all I don't want to have to reboot my Roku daily. That doesn't seem like too much to ask either.

I wasn't saying I was OK with it, only that it seems to help. I would much prefer a setting that I can toggle that would make it automatically reboot each time it does its check for updated firmware during idle time.
philsoft
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion