How I Met Your Mother on Netflix Roku.. No where else.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

How I Met Your Mother on Netflix Roku.. No where else.

Postby ldmariodl28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Thought I would share this. Tonight I was showing my friends the Roku and they asked if How I Met Your Mother was on there, so I typed it in, and low and behold How I Met Your Mother was on streaming netflix, so we watched the pilot no problem. So when we got home my wife wanted to watch some more episodes because it was really funny, but because im using the roku she went to go watch it through netflix on our blu-ray player. How I Met Your Mother.. not on the cue.. so strange.

I remove and add it back to the instant cue on the blu-ray player.. no dice. So I go to check my xbox360, and it doesnt have it on the instant cue, and on recently watched is says DVD only?

I go back to my Roku, and its on the instant cue no problem. Is there something where Roku is allowed to show more than other devices?
ldmariodl28

Re: How I Met Your Mother on Netflix Roku.. No where else.

Postby mikebdoss » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:23 pm

ldmariodl28 wrote:Thought I would share this. Tonight I was showing my friends the Roku and they asked if How I Met Your Mother was on there, so I typed it in, and low and behold How I Met Your Mother was on streaming netflix, so we watched the pilot no problem. So when we got home my wife wanted to watch some more episodes because it was really funny, but because im using the roku she went to go watch it through netflix on our blu-ray player. How I Met Your Mother.. not on the cue.. so strange.

I remove and add it back to the instant cue on the blu-ray player.. no dice. So I go to check my xbox360, and it doesnt have it on the instant cue, and on recently watched is says DVD only?

I go back to my Roku, and its on the instant cue no problem. Is there something where Roku is allowed to show more than other devices?

Nope - all streaming devices should have the same "rights" to show all streaming programs. But since all devices get different streams from Netflix, it's possible it used to be (or soon will be) on streaming, and now is the opposite, but for some reason the Roku streams are more/less updated.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby MoonChaser » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:45 pm

At one time there were a few episodes available through Nowhereman TV.... Under Entertainment > Lifetime Network. I'm not sure if they're still there, and there's not many of them, but there were a few there a couple weeks ago.
MoonChaser

Postby gonzotek » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:06 pm

They just added HIMYM yesterday morning. It's likely that all of the different streams encoded for different devices haven't fully synced across the CDN Netflix uses. Give it a few hours to a day or two and I expect it'll be available on everything. For the record, it's showing up for on the website, and I can play it from a Chromebook:
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/How_I ... id=2361637
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion