Netflix titles vanishing from Instant Queue

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: Netflix titles vanishing from Instant Queue

Postby gonzotek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:26 am

Schmye Bubbula wrote:
Gilgamesh wrote:...After changing the settings "The Name of the Rose" was no longer anywhere in the queue as displayed by my Roku. However, it was in the queue as displayed on my computer....

Steffanie wrote:...Nothing disappears, but I have had the Q reorder itself....

Yes, yes, these two symptoms are exactly what separately have been happening to me at random recently. (Although I think we can rule-out a causal connection with Gilgamesh's changing HDTV/SDTV settings, because I never changed my SDTV setting.) But one difference between our two experiences is that my disappearing titles disappear from my on-line Instant Queue, too.

Here is a third symptom: In my Roku Netflix channel, when an Instant Queue title disappears, sometimes I can find it in a Recently Watched, and when I go in and try to Add to Instant Queue, it doesn't get added, and moreover I can repeatedly click Add to Instant Queue, and the menu item doesn't change to Remove from Instant Queue. I can only add it back on-line.
I haven't experienced the disappearance, but have had the re-ordering happen several times recently(in the last week or so). I notice also that several of the re-ordered items are series that are going from the old 'separate seasons' format to the newer 'all seasons together' format. But they aren't the only items being shuffled around, there are movies and other separate-season tv shows as well.
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek
** Valued Community Member **

Postby mommom » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 am

Last night I did notice that every time I removed something I had just watched my queue reordered itself.It was kind of interesting,the kids movies that are normally at the front of my queue were mixed in.But this morning its back to normal.The strange thing I found was when I first turned my bedroom Roku on last night for a few seconds it seemed like someone elses queue appeared!! The movies displayed were not familiar to me at all,but it was just a few seconds so I can't remember the exact titles,only that one had maniac in the title and one had madness.None of the titles in my queue have those words in them.Very strange,but to me it seems like it has to be a NetFlix problem,not Roku.
mommom

Postby moviegeek65 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:37 am

You might try updating Flash:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Then in Internet Options clear your browser history and set "Check for newer versions" to "Every time I visit the webpage". Also make sure scripting is enabled in Security.

If that doesn't help try a different browser(ie Google Chrome).
moviegeek65

Postby robertm » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:01 am

Some of mine have been coming and going as TV seasons are being grouped under a single listing. For some reason Psych keeps getting anchored at the bottom of my queue.
robertm

Postby Schmye Bubbula » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:34 am

moviegeek65 wrote:You might try updating Flash:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Then in Internet Options clear your browser history and set "Check for newer versions" to "Every time I visit the webpage". Also make sure scripting is enabled in Security.

If that doesn't help try a different browser(ie Google Chrome).

What in the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> does that have to do with the price of peanut butter?! (Apologies in advance if I'm missing something.)
– –
first-generation Roku XD|S (2100X), composite connection to old 4:3 CRT SDTV
Schmye Bubbula

Postby gonzotek » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:15 am

robertm wrote:For some reason Psych keeps getting anchored at the bottom of my queue.
+1. Psych has been doing it more than the other series.
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
gonzotek

Postby Steffanie » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Yep! I forgot to mention that when I added new items to my Q via roku, they did not go to the end of the Q as usual. Whatever movie had been at the end stayed there, and the new items were next-to-last. There were also times that add to and remove from functions would not work.... This has all been in the last week or so. :lol:
Steffanie

Postby moviegeek65 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Schmye Bubbula wrote: What in the <The entropy of a perfect crystal, at absolute zero kelvin, is exactly equal to zero. - Third Law of Thermodynamics> does that have to do with the price of peanut butter?! (Apologies in advance if I'm missing something.)

My post was for those who are having problems viewing and sorting their queue online, it won't help those with Roku problems.
moviegeek65

Postby RokuShawnS » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Please keep the posts and replies ON TOPIC. This pertains solely to Roku issues regarding Netflix Instant Queue, as per the OP.

Thanks,
C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby texashildy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:52 pm

I had six titles disappear from my Roku NF queue today. I logged on to NF to check the queue online, and at first the titles were still there. But after I did some reordering of titles online, the six suddenly moved from the queue to the "saved" section on the website. I manage my queue with the help of FeedFlix.com that tells me when things are about to expire and NONE of these titles had expiration dates coming up soon. Heck, I even watched one of the titles yesterday.

I think the issue of the titles disappearing must be a NF problem since it seems to be also happening on the queue online. Very annoying, especially when I try to avoid the problem by staying on top of expiration dates through a third party site.
Cable Cut Feb. 1, 2011 & not looking back
Roku 3, Roku XDS, & OTA via outdoor antenna
Netflix since 2007, Amazon Prime since 2012
Yes, I have Hulu+ & I like it, thank you very much.
texashildy

Postby TheEndless » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:36 pm

gonzotek wrote:
robertm wrote:For some reason Psych keeps getting anchored at the bottom of my queue.

Ghost Adventures is doing the same in my queue, for what it's worth...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby robertm » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:07 am

TheEndless wrote:
gonzotek wrote:

Ghost Adventures is doing the same in my queue, for what it's worth...

My theory is these titles are coming and going perhaps even without us realizing it. So I reorder my queue and then some point soon after Psych is pulled from my queue and then added right back in so it is always at the last position.

Of course that is just a theory.
robertm

Postby gonzotek » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:03 am

robertm wrote:My theory is these titles are coming and going perhaps even without us realizing it. So I reorder my queue and then some point soon after Psych is pulled from my queue and then added right back in so it is always at the last position.

That's my opinion as well. To Netflix: Quit it! ;)
gonzotek

Postby Gilgamesh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:52 pm

robertm wrote:My theory is these titles are coming and going perhaps even without us realizing it. So I reorder my queue and then some point soon after Psych is pulled from my queue and then added right back in so it is always at the last position.

I do not believe that is what is happening. I had added all the Charlie Chan movies that are available for streaming to my queue earlier today and then sorted my queue by title and verified that the movies were in true title order both on my Roku and the web site. I just watched two of them and deleted each after they were done.

After watching and deleting the second one I noticed that there were NO more CC movies at the current position in my queue so I scrolled to the end of the queue and there they all were. Also there were a a couple of other movies and a couple of series all unrelated to the CC movies and from different places in my queue. They were: Have Gun Will Travel, Dexter, Romancing the Stone, and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. (OK, so I have somewhat eclectic tastes.)

Except for the CC movies these have all been added over a week ago and Have Gun Will Travel is the only one of these I have ever noticed showing up at the end of my queue before. There have been others. This has been happening since before the latest update.

I agree this seems to be a Netflix issue but it could also be related to the manner that the Roku deletes objects from the queue.

Also my queue is fairly large, 239 items at this time, and I wonder if this could be related to size.

I hope that this gets fixed but at least now that I know what is happening, what not why, I can deal with it.

==============================================
Edit to add:

This morning I found that several titles, Farscape, Torchwood, Hunter, Terminator SCC, Dexter, and Have Gun Will Travel, had all been relocated to the end of my queue. Overnight I had not accessed NetFlix at all. It seems that there may be merit to the "title removed and added back by some mysterious process" theory. That would explain what I am seeing.

It looks like all the titles that were relocated today are series that have had their episodes combined however that took place some time ago and I do not know what that could have to do with the issue.

I, for one, would like to know for sure why this is happening and what I can do to prevent it. I like to keep my queue in alphabetical order so I can find things with fair ease and this is making that unnecessarily more difficult.

I wonder if this is happening to those that do not have a Roku. Also it only seems to happen to my instant queue as my disk queue's order has not changed.
Gilgamesh

Postby Gilgamesh » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 am

After reordering my queue and watching one episode of Babylon 5 all the shows mentioned in the above post are, again, at the end of my queue.

I cannot believe that this is something I am causing and it is equally hard to believe that it is a Roku issue so I have, using Occam's razor, concluded that somehow NetFlix must be the issue.

I have never participated it any of the NetFlix forums nor have I, except for encoding issues and damaged or lost disks, tried to get NetFlix to resolve a problem but I am now going to try to get their attention and encourage them to resolve this irritating issue.

It might help if some others reported their problems to NetFlix as well.

Edit
==============
After reordering my queue again several shows are missing from my queue including the last season of The X files and one of the X files movies.

Something is REALLY screwed up in the NetFlix universe.

Edit one more time
====================
The titles are now back but I had to reorder my queue again as they showed up at seemingly random locations in my queue. This time the titles included Wolfen and Wild Wild West and X-Men as well as the X files shows that were mentioned earlier.

This is one of the strangest issues I have seen since starting to use NetFlix and Roku several years ago.
Gilgamesh

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion