ttomm46 wrote:they are at walmart for 98 bucks..I'm using a d-link 601 router.....just a 22 inch hd tv....will it work ok..have a 6mbs cable connection...is the only difference between this and the next roku one step below angry birds or is there something else in the way of apps i might want?
mikebdoss wrote:I'm using a d-link 601 router
RokuShawnS wrote:Okay, guys and gals Got a little bit of information I can pass along about this issue:
There is, unfortunately, a known bug regarding the communication between the D-Link routers and the Roku, which was fixed in an updated firmware. However, because some units shipped without the updated firmware, they will suffer the issue. There are a few options you can try:
- If you have an XS unit, use the wired Ethernet connection for the initial update;
- If you have a neighbor or friend with a non-DLink router, ask permission to use their access point temporarily for the update;
- Replace your router with a non-DLink model;
- Check for a firmware update on your DLink router (DLink may have provided a fix for the underlying issue on their end);
- Call Customer Service to get an RMA for your device, and we will exchange it with one that has the latest firmware (be sure to tell them the issue!).
Those of you with the above problems who have the DLink, please use the above options if you can, using CS as the last resort (as there will probably be a longer delay getting your replacement unit to you than some of the other options).
C. Shawn Smith
Users browsing this forum: Tivoburkee and 16 guests