Like many others I am unable to connect and receiving the dreaded 014 error code.
This issue started one week ago when I moved and switched ISPs from Fios to Comcast Xfinity.
Have not been able to connect to the LOCAL network at all since moving and switching to Comcast, despite all other wireless devices hopping right on the network with the proper network key.
I have been bounced back and forth between Roku and Comcast endlessly.
I have now been "escalated" with Roku, but have no idea when I will be contacted.
Maybe some forum members can help; I have read as many posts on this topic as I can and have also run all trouble shooting steps Roku provided by email, live chat and phone
Here's some info.
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon (Portland Metro)
ISP: Comcast Xfinity
Modem/Router Combo: SMCD3GNV
Roku Model: Roku2 HD
"Red-Light" Step: 2 - Connecting to Local Network
What I've tried:
1. Checked to make sure the network key is correct (have been able to add other components, including laptop and printer); network key was entered correctly with proper capitalization.
2. Checked to make sure signal is strong without interference.
3. Changed encryption on wireless router (even tried with an open network).
4. Reboot (power cycle) of modem and Roku HD box. I did make sure to remove battery backup from router before this step. Even unhooked coaxial from router/modem combo.
5. Reset Roku 2 HD box to factory preset using Roku’s “settings” menu.
6. Reset Roku 2 HD box to factory preset using paperclip method.
7. Logged into router gateway:
A) Changed Channel (tried all available options - 1, 6, and 11)
B) Made sure MAC filtering is disabled as instructed by Roku
C) Played with all types of encryption including a completely open network
D) Made sure SSID is broadcasting (it is visible on the Roku and has max signal anyhow)
E) Made sure DHCP is enabled (It is and both my laptop and printer are DHCP and working fine)
F) Checked connected devices and under "View the computers connected to the Gateway's LAN." I can clearly see my Roku listed:
Host Name: NP-11A16N001819
IP Address: 10.0.0.4
DHCP/Static IP: DHCP
MAC Address: 00:0D:4B:94:33:31
I am at wit's end... anyone have any magical advice before I tear all my hair out???
Thanks in advance,