Is Retro TV available via Roku now? [its Aug.2012]

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Is Retro TV available via Roku now? [its Aug.2012]

Postby empirefalls » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am

Is Retro TV available via Roku now?

One day last week, i found and watched Retro TV though an application via P**** on Roku.
The next day, the application was gone/removed

Incidentally, i work at an electronics store on weekends, i have sold many ROKUs to customers that did not come into the store with the intentions to buy one. As we know, many people do not know ROKU is one of the best products since TV was invented
Last edited by empirefalls on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
empirefalls

Re: Is Retro TV available via Roku now? [its Aug.2012]

Postby empirefalls » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:04 am

" Play--is unsupported by Roku and should not be mentioned on the forums"

I WAS UNAWARE,WONT HAPPEN AGAIN

once i get a channel like Retro Tv or ME-tv, i will finally get rid of satellite.
empirefalls

Postby DBDukes » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:42 am

empirefalls wrote:once i get a channel like Retro Tv or ME-tv, i will finally get rid of satellite.

Is over-the-air a possibility for you? And, if so, do any local channels carry either of those?

For me, the local CBS affiliate carries MeTV (it formerly carried Retro-TV) and FOX affiliate carries THiS on its secondary channel secondary channel. When I had cable, I didn't have access to those (the cable provider serving my residence didn't offer it). But, after dropping cable for Internet TV (via Roku and other devices), I put up an antenna and now get the other channels. If you are in range of a station carrying that (or similar) content, that may be your solution, as it was for me.
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby mjpm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:46 am

Stumbled on a channel on Justin.tv named "Welcome" which seems to be airing a ME-TV feed. It's in the Entertainment/Series section. Don't know much about the quality yet or whether it's 24/7.
----------------------------
Cut the FIOS cord on 4/2/12.
mjpm

Postby Junckboxx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:04 am

mjpm wrote:Stumbled on a channel on Justin.tv named "Welcome" which seems to be airing a ME-TV feed. It's in the Entertainment/Series section. Don't know much about the quality yet or whether it's 24/7.

Most stations on JTV are never 24/7. Some are close. Bet it'll get shot down quickly. Most entertainment channels do get shut down on there. Golden Girls, Criminal Minds, and a few other channels I watched are gone. Even the Brit Com channel is gone.
Last edited by Junckboxx on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cut the US TV TAX... Stop Cable TV! The FCC doesn't need anymore of my monies! I don't need anymore watching restrictions/channels pulled, due to YOUR OWN money arguments with stations!
Junckboxx

Postby empirefalls » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 am

to answer some questions,me-tv, retrotv,antenna tv, are all about 150 miles away by an outdoor tv antenna.
also, i think that is what happen the other day, i was watching retro-tv and it has disappeared. at the time, i did not note, what channel application i was watching it on. i am familiar with justintv

incidentally,i watched 'man from uncle' episodes. if you were in your early teens or younger when that was on the air, it surely brings back memories.
empirefalls

Postby catastrophegirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:39 am

i suggest you check out the following channels that may appeal to your tastes:

retrovision, in the channel store: on demand classics and retro tv
omniverse tv, code omniverse: livestreaming subchannel for American Primetime Television Live
N2TV, in the channel store: on demand vintage programs
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Postby empirefalls » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:24 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:i suggest you check out the following channels that may appeal to your tastes:

retrovision, in the channel store: on demand classics and retro tv
omniverse tv, code omni verse: livestreaming subchannel for American Primetime Television Live
N2TV, in the channel store: on demand vintage programs

i have checked out and occasionally watch those channels. omniverse does not sound familiar.
as i posted in another forum thread before, i am not a big fan of commercials channels. i can sometimes tolerate 1 or 2, but not 3. i can not tolerate any obnoxious or loud commercials. i remove those channels.

right now, although i was hunting retro tv when i began this thread, , i am now watching, me-tv
empirefalls

Postby mastermesh » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 pm

unfortunately, equity went bankrupt a few years back. Back before that happened they hand a bunch of fta satellite channels. Didn't help much on the roku, but it was free tv! ... fta's gone downhill since then.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
mastermesh

Postby Junckboxx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:54 pm

mjpm wrote:Stumbled on a channel on Justin.tv named "Welcome" which seems to be airing a ME-TV feed. It's in the Entertainment/Series section. Don't know much about the quality yet or whether it's 24/7.

junckboxx wrote:Most stations on JTV are never 24/7. Some are close. Bet it'll get shot down quickly. Most entertainment channels do get shut down on there. Golden Girls, Criminal Minds, and a few other channels I watched are gone. Even the Brit Com channel is gone.

It appears as if the channel is no longer on the j.tv channel. Saw it earlier though. However, like most things Roku and private... they appear to only be temporary. Watch it while you can, before it goes away. This went away quickly.
Cut the US TV TAX... Stop Cable TV! The FCC doesn't need anymore of my monies! I don't need anymore watching restrictions/channels pulled, due to YOUR OWN money arguments with stations!
Junckboxx

Postby empirefalls » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Junckboxx wrote:

junckboxx wrote:Most stations on JTV are never 24/7. Some are close. Bet it'll get shot down quickly. Most entertainment channels do get shut down on there. Golden Girls, Criminal Minds, and a few other channels I watched are gone. Even the Brit Com channel is gone.

It appears as if the channel is no longer on the j.tv channel. Saw it earlier though. However, like most things Roku and private... they appear to only be temporary. Watch it while you can, before it goes away. This went away quickly.

I am watching ME-tv on justin tV right now. hogan heroes now,rifleman before that, big valley before that,gumsmoke before that i have been watching since 1pm this afternoon.
empirefalls

Postby Junckboxx » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:31 pm

empirefalls wrote:
Junckboxx wrote:

I am watching ME-tv on justin tV right now. hogan heroes now,rifleman before that, big valley before that,gumsmoke before that i have been watching since 1pm this afternoon.

I understand. However on the Justin tv channel for Roku, it doesn't load.
Junckboxx

Postby mastermesh » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 am

installed omniverse last night to check it out. Where is the schedule on their website? I can't seem to find it.
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=46566&p=359897#p359897 -channel lists/tools
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=63553&p=409506#p409506 -fta
http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=64096 -linear channels
mastermesh

Postby rokewl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:25 pm

If you have CRACKLE, you have most of the AntennaTV content. they both pull from the Sony library.
rokewl

Postby catastrophegirl » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

mastermesh wrote:installed omniverse last night to check it out. Where is the schedule on their website? I can't seem to find it.

i've never found a schedule for them. they haven't done what they intended to do in the beginning but they do have a livestreaming station with classic/retro tv episodes. that part works well
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl
** Valued Community Member **

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion