Do MHL adapters work with Roku streaming stick

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

Do MHL adapters work with Roku streaming stick

Postby Vikwar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 am

My TV does not have MHL, but I have seen some MHL to HDML adapters. Are these good enough for the Roku streaming stick to work?
Thanks
Vikwar

Re: Do MHL adapters work with Roku streaming stick

Postby Vikwar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 am

Trekkeriii
Thank you very much. It is clear now. Does the Roku 2 XS has the same capability as the stick? Not counting the wiring of course.

Thanks
Vikwar

Re: Do MHL adapters work with Roku streaming stick

Postby JimDandySTX » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:48 pm

trekkeriii wrote:
Vikwar wrote:My TV does not have MHL, but I have seen some MHL to HDML adapters. Are these good enough for the Roku streaming stick to work?
Thanks

I don't think anyone makes an MHL HDMI female to HDMI male or female converter, yet. I only have seen the ones that are micro USB to HDMI, which are for phones. Plus then there would have to be a power port on the adapter to supply the Roku Stick power, which would require an additional power adapter or get power from the USB port on the TV (if that's even possible). By the time you get this working, it's best to get a Roku 2 XS instead and mount it, IMO, since you are pretty much dealing with the same amount of wires.

Look at the FAVI Smart Stick. It plugs into an HDMI port and come with a short USB cable to use as the power source. So the technology does exist to use an ordinary HDMI port and power it using USB.
JimDandySTX

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion