Roku HD remote control lag with Hulu Plus

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku HD remote control lag with Hulu Plus

Postby mflanders300 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:18 am

I just purchased a Roku HD and am overall very happy with the device. One thing I have noticed is that I am getting quite a lag when I press a button on the remote while watching anything on Hulu Plus. My wireless signal is strong and there is no lag or problems watching the video itself. Whenever I press any button on the remote it takes upwards of 60 seconds to respond. Is there anything I can do to make the remote more responsive? Thanks in advance for the input.
mflanders300

Re: Roku HD remote control lag with Hulu Plus

Postby Dick Drivel » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:38 am

If this only occurs whle watching Hulu then I don't see how the Roku could be at fault, or does this also happen when using other channels?? Might there be other sources of interference from other devices?
Dick Drivel

Postby kc8pql » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:09 am

If it only happens on one channel, it's most likely that it's the channel it's self.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby mflanders300 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am

It appears to be mostly with Hulu Plus but I have noticed slight delay with Netflix. The delay with Netflix is much shorter than Hulu Plus (5-10 seconds, sometimes no delay).
mflanders300

Postby catastrophegirl » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:02 pm

this happens to many many many users on hulu plus. there have been some improvements over the years but it's still often an issue. it's the hulu plus channel itself. and it does the same thing on all three generations of roku boxes in my house
read the hulu support twitter feed sometime for a laugh. every response to "hey hulu, your channel is broken on roku" hulu support responds "we're sorry to hear you are having problems. did you try deleting the channel and re-adding it?"
dozens of times a day, since at least may of 2011 when i first started using hulu plus on roku and noticed the issues
N1000, roku1 XD/s, roku2 xs, roku3
wireless
speed range from ~18-20mbps
http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/
twitter: catastrophegirl
PM or tweet me if you want a channel added to my list, a correction or to update a developers' credit
catastrophegirl

Postby jeffrok » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm

Rebooting the Roku before starting to watch Hulu+ sadly, works wonders.. The Hulu+ content is nice, but the channel is unreliable.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok

Postby dhcernese » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:29 pm

catastrophegirl wrote:this happens to many many many users on hulu plus. there have been some improvements over the years but it's still often an issue. it's the hulu plus channel itself. and it does the same thing on all three generations of roku boxes in my house
read the hulu support twitter feed sometime for a laugh. every response to "hey hulu, your channel is broken on roku" hulu support responds "we're sorry to hear you are having problems. did you try deleting the channel and re-adding it?"
dozens of times a day, since at least may of 2011 when i first started using hulu plus on roku and noticed the issues

came here to find out it's not just me :(
dhcernese

Postby dhcernese » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:33 pm

jeffrok wrote:Rebooting the Roku before starting to watch Hulu+ sadly, works wonders.. The Hulu+ content is nice, but the channel is unreliable.

surprisingly, this does actually work. :roll:
dhcernese

Postby Eighty806 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm

Just subscribed to Hulu Plus yesterday and I it is one of the most frustrating TV watching exp ever. You think at this day and age we will not exp something so technologically backward. I'm on my free week and will definitely not pay money for the kind of frustration. Does anyone know of any solution. I even paid money and downloaded a remote app and still doesn't work.
Eighty806

Postby Basil » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:38 pm

Eighty806 wrote:Just subscribed to Hulu Plus yesterday and I it is one of the most frustrating TV watching exp ever. You think at this day and age we will not exp something so technologically backward. I'm on my free week and will definitely not pay money for the kind of frustration. Does anyone know of any solution. I even paid money and downloaded a remote app and still doesn't work.

Perhaps if you explained what frustrations you're encountering.

I ask because here's how my Hulu Plus experience goes: I launch the Hulu Plus channel on the Roku, navigate to my queue, watch the shows I want. That's pretty much it. No problems. No issues. Just the watching of TV.

What are you experiencing?
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
http://www.imao.us/
Roku 3, Roku LT, Roku HDMI Streaming Stick; previous: Roku 1, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XD|S, Roku HD
Also running Apple TV, TiVo/OTA, Chromecast; Previous: Simple.TV/OTA, Amazon Fire TV
Basil

Postby trekkeriii » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Eighty806 wrote:Just subscribed to Hulu Plus yesterday and I it is one of the most frustrating TV watching exp ever. You think at this day and age we will not exp something so technologically backward. I'm on my free week and will definitely not pay money for the kind of frustration. Does anyone know of any solution. I even paid money and downloaded a remote app and still doesn't work.

Solution is to wait until HuluPlus fixes their channel. As for paying for a Roku Remote App, you should have tried the official one, it's free on iOS and Android.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii

Postby dwanthny » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:47 am

Eighty806 wrote:Just subscribed to Hulu Plus yesterday and I it is one of the most frustrating TV watching exp ever.

Power cycle your Roku, if it doesn't get any better then don't subscribe to Hulu+. Personally I rarely experience any problem navigating or watching Hulu+ and we watch it often.
:idea: 20GB of Free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.
dwanthny

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion