Roku and IP address

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku and IP address

Postby Andreas55 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I am using a Roku HD from Japan and have no problem watching lots of great channels with it, But I want to watch Netflix as well.
I can watch Netflix over the PC without Problems and my router is DD-WRT using a VPN. But the IP address of the Roku always shows the japanese IP address.
Can I change it to a US IP address?
Andreas55

Re: Roku and IP address

Postby trekkeriii » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:16 pm

Andreas55 wrote:I am using a Roku HD from Japan and have no problem watching lots of great channels with it, But I want to watch Netflix as well.
I can watch Netflix over the PC without Problems and my router is DD-WRT using a VPN. But the IP address of the Roku always shows the japanese IP address.
Can I change it to a US IP address?

You will not find help getting around content geo-blocks here.

Forum Guidelines
3rd Party/Unofficial Channel Support/VPN Usage:
  • Roku is not liable for any 3rd party or unofficial channel. Use at your own risk.
  • Do NOT ask for support or discuss features of 3rd party channels (you know the ones I'm talking about. If you don't, PM me.)
  • DO go to the 3rd party official website for any support issues, but DO report any issues you have with the company itself that produced the channel (though that's best served through a PM to me, with EXACT details of the dispute -- when I say exact, I want to be able to, beyond a shadow of a doubt, know everything that you know at the moment you contact me).
  • Do NOT flame a Roku moderator when your thread is locked because you're discussing a topic verboten on the forums. This thread serves as your notice that 3rd party channels are not affiliated or supported by Roku, and we reserve the right to lock and/or delete/archive such threads as necessary.
  • If you find a channel that is actively participating in illegal activity, definitely contact me so it can be investigated.
  • Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum. Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, your thread will be locked immediately.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion