8ctave HD Channel

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

8ctave HD Channel

Postby ahwoolems » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:03 pm

I would like know more about this channel. Ive had my Roku for not even a week and the 8ctave HD channel doesnt even open up for me after I have installed it. Ive contacted them through facebook and for some reason they cant figure out why it wont open. Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks
Angela
ahwoolems

Re: 8ctave HD Channel

Postby kc8pql » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Try removing and reinstalling the channel.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby candita » Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 am

I have the same problem on my roku box but on my husbands roku box it opens up fine. we both have the same box. roku hd 2. weird. i tried the uninstall reinstall but it didn't help mine.
candita

Postby 8ctave HD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:04 pm

hi everyone, it's 8ctave.

we think we've identified the problem that's keeping some rokus from loading the network. it's been a headscratcher for a few days now, but thanks to a few intrepid squeaky-wheeled viewers, we think we may have localized the issue.

from our engineering dept:

"I finally duplicated the problem.

the channel is bombing out if the Roku player display type is set to
4:3 Standard or 16:9 Wide. This is the default new-out-of-the-box Roku
player display setting. If it's changed to 720P or 1080P (which are
the correct settings for most modern TV sets) the problem goes away.

Looking for the problem & working on a fix now..."

While they're working on it downstairs, everyone above parking level is curious if this'll work. It'd be a big help and time-saver to hear back.

our best to you,

8ctave HD
8ctave HD / FYDO / The BW / H*E*R*O* / FisHi / MULLET / SleepDiet / 911 / Presto / VAPE / Skope / Pro Bono / ScreamSaver
8ctave HD

Postby 8ctave HD » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 pm

ATTN: 8CTAVE HD 'CLONE' NOW AVAILABLE

On or around 2-10-13, some viewers of 8ctave HD using standard-definition televisions became unable to load our public Roku network.

This 'bug' vexed our engineering department for days, and was finally rooted out (we hope) thanks in large part to the passionate participation of our audience.

While this patch is being inspected by Roku Headquarters, we're offering a fully-functioning 'clone' copy of 8ctave, available to add as a Private Channel via your roku.com account by choosing 'add private channel' and using keyword '8CTAVEHDT' when prompted. Upon returning to your Roku box, enter and exit the 'Channel Store' to complete the clone installation.

This private-channel copy won't stay around as a permanent channel once the public network stabilizes. 8CTAVE HD-T was built as both a thank-you offering and a oops-our-bad band-aid for the small army of viewers that won't let this channel go quietly into the night. You empower us to Re-Power Public Access, and we sincerely appreciate it.

Our best to you,

8ctave HD
8ctave HD / FYDO / The BW / H*E*R*O* / FisHi / MULLET / SleepDiet / 911 / Presto / VAPE / Skope / Pro Bono / ScreamSaver
8ctave HD

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion