TWC in channel store

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby dwgsp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:22 pm

There appears to be conflicting information about whether this app will work if you're not using RoadRunner as your ISP. Roku says that you only need an Internet connection, while TWC is inconsistent. Has anyone actually tried it?

Ideally, someone would get it working under RoadRunner and then transport their device to someplace that uses a different ISP.

Any takers?

Edit:
Roku's description of the channel includes the following statement: "customers without Time Warner Cable Internet service should contact customer care for set-up assistance." So anyone who wants to try this will probably have to spend some time on the phone with TWC.

/Don
dwgsp
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby trekkeriii » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:50 pm

dwgsp wrote:There appears to be conflicting information about whether this app will work if you're not using RoadRunner as your ISP. Roku says that you only need an Internet connection, while TWC is inconsistent. Has anyone actually tried it?

Ideally, someone would get it working under RoadRunner and then transport their device to someplace that uses a different ISP.

Any takers?

Edit:
Roku's description of the channel includes the following statement: "customers without Time Warner Cable Internet service should contact customer care for set-up assistance." So anyone who wants to try this will probably have to spend some time on the phone with TWC.

/Don


You HAVE to be behind your Time Warner cable issued modem for it to work. You can't authenticate it on a TWC connection then take it to an AT&T connection. It will fail to authenticate (it re-authenticates each time you enter the channel).

I guess if you have TWC tv service, but not internet, you need to contact TWC to see if that will work. If you are looking to find a way to get around the content rules, keep in mind of this forum policy:

Usage of VPNs to circumvent establish regional broadcast rules should not be discussed on this forum. Be aware that if you post a question regarding the use of a VPN, OR you post a thread discussing bypassing regional restrictions, your thread will be locked immediately.


I assume this would include HBOgo rules and Time Warner restrictions, too.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:10 am

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby dwgsp » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm not trying to get around any rules or restrictions, or violating forum policy. I am just wondering if I can take my Roku with me when I go on vacation and then expect the TWC app to still work. Roku's channel description seems to imply that this should work, but several people on this forum (including you) say that it won't work. So I asked if anyone had actually tried it.
dwgsp
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby dwanthny » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 pm

dwgsp wrote:I am just wondering if I can take my Roku with me when I go on vacation and then expect the TWC app to still work. Roku's channel description seems to imply that this should work, but several people on this forum (including you) say that it won't work.

Just taking your Roku will not work by itself. It may work if you take your TWC authorized modem too. The channel description states that you need a TWC authorized modem for it to work.
Now you can watch live TV at home right through your Roku. As a Standard TV customer with Time Warner Cable, you can access up to 300 channels of live TV easily, and for free, with your Roku. Standard TV and TWC authorized modem required.
:idea: 20GB of Free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.
dwanthny
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:41 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby RokuShawnS » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm

SOME services may work. The majority will not.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
User avatar
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering
 
Posts: 4462
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby trekkeriii » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:59 pm

dwgsp wrote:I'm not trying to get around any rules or restrictions, or violating forum policy. I am just wondering if I can take my Roku with me when I go on vacation and then expect the TWC app to still work. Roku's channel description seems to imply that this should work, but several people on this forum (including you) say that it won't work. So I asked if anyone had actually tried it.


Actually, I will say I DID try it. Didn't work. I took my Roku to my parents, just to check out the TWCtv app. I didn't think it would because of the fact it re-authenticates to your account and modem each time you load the channel.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **
 
Posts: 1209
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:10 am

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby dwgsp » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 am

Thanks for confirming this.
dwgsp
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby RickRansom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:03 am

seahorsejl wrote:Does anyone know the bare minimum cable TV service to get this to work?

I think it was mentioned in a different thread that you need to have the "Standard" or "Expanded Basic" bundle/sub to have access to the channel. On top of that, as the other have already mentioned, you need to be behind a TWC modem that has pretty much the same or higher bundle/sub. No love for internet only folks, I say. :lol:
Retired
User avatar
RickRansom
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Location: PH

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby steelersrule » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:02 pm

dwanthny wrote:
dwgsp wrote:I am just wondering if I can take my Roku with me when I go on vacation and then expect the TWC app to still work. Roku's channel description seems to imply that this should work, but several people on this forum (including you) say that it won't work.

Just taking your Roku will not work by itself. It may work if you take your TWC authorized modem too. The channel description states that you need a TWC authorized modem for it to work.
Now you can watch live TV at home right through your Roku. As a Standard TV customer with Time Warner Cable, you can access up to 300 channels of live TV easily, and for free, with your Roku. Standard TV and TWC authorized modem required.


There is ALOT of MISINFORMATION going on in this thread, so allow me to shed some light here. DWANTHNY, I am not picking on you, so please don't feel that way.

I have TWC in NW Pennsylvania currently. I have 2 HD Boxes, and subscribe to DIGITAL VARIETY level, plus have RoadRunner through TWC with the speeds up to 15Mbps/download. I use a MODEM and ROUTER PURCHASED BY ME, and not DISTRIBUTED by TWC. They are registred under my account with TWC, but are NOT THEIRS.

Here is how it works. At least by NW Penssylvania TWC standards:

1. This APP CAN ONLY BE USED IN THE HOME where a customer has TWC Service. And the MINIMUM LEVEL needed is STANDARD Cable(channels ranging from 2-75 here in NW PA. Meaning just plugging it in the back of the tv, doing a scan, and then watching)

2. You CANNOT just take your ROKU/IPAD/etc... with the APP installed ANYWHERE and use the app. ONLY available in the home with a TWC account, and the minimum chanell package(and ISP) is established through the communication between the modem/Router and TWC. Can't go on Vacation, and use the ISP in the hotel, or elsewhere, and watch TV through the TWC APP. Will not work.

I tried this while visiting friends in NJ. They have Cablevision(which also has this app for their customers), and I COULD NOT watchTWC on my IPAD(not available on ROKU at the time). This is the restriction on this app.

So this APP is only good in a home with STANDARD CABLE(at least here in NW PA. May be different in other TWC areas), a modem/router registered with TWC. That is it.

This APP just provides the convenience of being able to use the ROKU, or other device, for TV in a room where CableTV may not be accesible, or you just don't want it all the time. Like if you are working in your garage or soemthing, put up the IPAD/ROKU connected to old tv, connect to you TWC ISP, and watch the ballgame while working on the car.
steelersrule
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby dwanthny » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:12 pm

steelersrule wrote:
dwanthny wrote:
dwgsp wrote:I am just wondering if I can take my Roku with me when I go on vacation and then expect the TWC app to still work. Roku's channel description seems to imply that this should work, but several people on this forum (including you) say that it won't work.

Just taking your Roku will not work by itself. It may work if you take your TWC authorized modem too. The channel description states that you need a TWC authorized modem for it to work.
Now you can watch live TV at home right through your Roku. As a Standard TV customer with Time Warner Cable, you can access up to 300 channels of live TV easily, and for free, with your Roku. Standard TV and TWC authorized modem required.

There is ALOT of MISINFORMATION going on in this thread, so allow me to shed some light here. DWANTHNY, I am not picking on you, so please don't feel that way.

Since you have confirmed everything I said I don't see this as picking on me.
steelersrule wrote:I have TWC in NW Pennsylvania currently. I have 2 HD Boxes, and subscribe to DIGITAL VARIETY level, plus have RoadRunner through TWC with the speeds up to 15Mbps/download. I use a MODEM and ROUTER PURCHASED BY ME, and not DISTRIBUTED by TWC. They are registred under my account with TWC, but are NOT THEIRS.

So as stated you are using a TWC authorized router.
steelersrule wrote:1. This APP CAN ONLY BE USED IN THE HOME where a customer has TWC Service. And the MINIMUM LEVEL needed is STANDARD Cable(channels ranging from 2-75 here in NW PA. Meaning just plugging it in the back of the tv, doing a scan, and then watching)

And have Standard cable TV.
steelersrule wrote:So this APP is only good in a home with STANDARD CABLE(at least here in NW PA. May be different in other TWC areas), a modem/router registered with TWC. That is it.

Thanks for verifying what I quoted Roku clearly stating on their channel page.
I'm sure your explanation will help folks to easier understand everything.
:idea: 20GB of Free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.
dwanthny
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:41 pm
Location: North Carolina, USA

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby stratotak » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:05 pm

Been checking it out for past 2 days. It is constantly,about every minute or so,dropping video signal and making loud popping noises with static or black ,purple screen.Its extremely distracting.
stratotak
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby enwilson » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:47 am

My understanding is that the goal is to make all the channels you can receive over your standard TV plan available on the TWC TV app platform. Apparently in practice, it's going to depend on your market. The CNet hands-on review mentioned using it for CBS, while my local TWC TV doesn't do local channels/broadcast networks yet. Through TWC Triad NC, the app get 148 channels, 45 of those being the audio-only Music Choice service (the same lineup as on the Android app). (edit @ 11:02am: Since I forgot to mention, that's with a digital box in the house with just the basic digital tier; specialty and premium packages would most likely get you more.)

Of course, CNet also talks about watching for hours with no buffering, and that's definitely not been my experience so far. It's a shame, because when TWC TV works, it looks and sounds great. it's obviously going to be a "your mileage may vary" thing.
enwilson
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 am

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby seahorsejl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:29 am

So just to loop back on a question I asked earlier. I stop by the TWC office this morning, and in my area at least (Central Texas), you need the digital cable package (300-some channels) in order to get access to the TWC TV app.

For me, the extra $25 a month is not worth it (as I can get local channels via over the air).
seahorsejl
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Central TX

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby RickRansom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:58 am

seahorsejl wrote:...I stop by the TWC office this morning, and in my area at least (Central Texas), you need the digital cable package (300-some channels) in order to get access to the TWC TV app...

Funny that they mentioned that. Roku says you just need the Standard/Expanded Basic level or higher. Either Roku has their website wrong or TWC was trying to bait you to upgrade your subscription.
Retired
User avatar
RickRansom
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:23 pm
Location: PH

Re: TWC in channel store

Postby seahorsejl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:10 am

RickRansom wrote:
seahorsejl wrote:...I stop by the TWC office this morning, and in my area at least (Central Texas), you need the digital cable package (300-some channels) in order to get access to the TWC TV app...

Funny that they mentioned that. Roku says you just need the Standard/Expanded Basic level or higher. Either Roku has their website wrong or TWC was trying to bait you to upgrade your subscription.


Yeah, unsure, but at this point I am done messing with it.
seahorsejl
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Central TX

PreviousNext

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Buckeye911, mikebdoss and 22 guests