8ctave HD

Moderators: RokuShawnS, RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

8ctave HD

Postby 8ctave HD » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Hello, forum friends. My apologies for our lack of logons, we've been burning a lot of candle-ends here lately.

8ctave HD is a public channel in the 'news and weather' category, and we also have a private channel we use for in-house testing. In mid-February our public side was taken down by engineering to fix a bug affecting viewers using older displays.

To satiate subscribers, we cloned 8ctave to our beta channel and instructed viewers to install privately while our patch awaited public approval in Roku-Queue. By doing this, we inadvertently gave out thousands of 'backstage passes' to our tinkertoy, and once 8ctave HD returned to public prominence our private channel wasn't so private anymore.

For the curious, H*E*R*O* is our second entry into the Connected TV marketplace, a Military Grade Media Network with amazing POV wartime footage and a uniquely formatted channel guide that feels more like HALO than HULU. Pre-previews are positive, and like many others we're holding out for our H*E*R*O* to deploy in the public store soon.

Our best to you,

8ctave HD
8ctave HD / FYDO / The BW / H*E*R*O* / FisHi / MULLET / SleepDiet / 911 / Presto / VAPE / Skope / Pro Bono / ScreamSaver
8ctave HD

Re: 8ctave HD

Postby RokuShawnS » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Split topic off from where it was originally posted, as it was better suited to its own topic. Feel free to use THIS thread as your general update thread.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby tobarefeet » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:44 am

I've been watching the channel since Saturday and really digging it. The PQ on a lot of the channels is fantastic. Keep adding channels and this will become a big Roku channel.
tobarefeet

Postby eq2675 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:10 pm

I stumbled on to 8ctave yesterday. What a great channel.

I do have 1 content request. About a year ago, there was a Podcast on the stock Apple TV that had Newsy.com clips in their chronological order. No Catagories, just the order they were published. That Podcast is no more and the Newsy Roku Channel only has reports that are categorized. Anyway you could put something on 8ctave like the old Podcast for Newsy?
eq2675

Postby raymondjtoth » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:32 pm

ok i like to see this added to channel http://www.desplaines.org/index.aspx?NID=644 if look on left you will see tab called City Council Meetings & Special Event Videos and http://bit.ly/ZR2RrK is there old video if,an look into adding this to channel i love it i watch my roku but want to watch thsi but cant since not on channel thanks
raymondjtoth

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion