thelostemperor wrote:Is there any way to view the available memory on the Roku 3? I just inserted a 2GB microSD and would just like to confirm that the Roku sees it. Is this possible?
Gilgamesh wrote:Also have the Roku powered down when you insert the card.
To install a microSD card for use with your Roku 3 player:
- Press HOME on your Roku remote.
- If necessary, temporarily remove the HDMI cable from back of Roku player.
- Insert the microSD card into the corresponding slot on the back of Roku 3 with the topside of the card facing up. Be sure to push all the way in until you hear the card click into place.
- A dialog indicating, “microSD card detected” will appear on your TV screen. Select Format.
- Select Continue to begin formatting. Formatting will take approximately 4-6 minutes depending on capacity.
- Once formatting has been completed, select OK on the “Formatting complete” dialog.
- Your Roku player will automatically sync to the Roku Channel Store to install the latest channel and game updates. Once this sync is complete, your microSD card is ready for use. (Note: This sync will push any 50MB+ channels that previously could not be installed.)
destruk wrote:If you remove the HDMI cable from the back of the roku, how would you be able to see the message dialog "A dialog indicating, “microSD card detected” will appear on your TV screen. " ??? heh
kc8pql wrote:The only way I could get my R2 to see the card was to do as Gil suggested, de-power the box, insert card and re-power.
Do you want to format the microSD card message then pops up. Click OK.
Should note however that the box is one of the very first XDs.
Basil wrote:destruk wrote:If you remove the HDMI cable from the back of the roku, how would you be able to see the message dialog "A dialog indicating, “microSD card detected” will appear on your TV screen. " ??? heh
I found it necessary to remove the cable. And only did it temporarily, as it said. That's when I saw the message. When the temporary part ended, and I plugged the cable back in.
How did you do it?
mkiker2089 wrote:The label goes down on my box, or my box has the slot backwards. The card will only insert one way though so there shouldn't be issues on that.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 52 guests