Problems Streaming Acorn TV

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Problems Streaming Acorn TV

Postby arkangel » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:12 am

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the constant reloading problem I'm having when streaming Acorn programs? I'm using a ROKU XD2 and the box says my signal is "excellent." I've checked the download speed for my DSL modem and it is better than 5.0 MBPS (and the best I can get in my area). Netflix, HuluPlus and Amazon IV all stream just fine. But I can't manage to get through an episode of any show on Acorn without constant reloading interruptions, even after setting the video quality to Very Low. I've sent a note to customer support for Acorn and even included a jpg of my Acorn system settings. Have not heard back. Anyone else having these problems? Love the shows on Acorn and really want this service to work. Wishing now I had taken advantage of the full 30-day trial period before committing to a paid subscription.

Arkangel :(
arkangel

Re: Problems Streaming Acorn TV

Postby AcornTVSupport » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:57 pm

You may want to check your spam folder in your email to ensure that the message did not get sent there, as we responded to your request a few hours ago.

Whenever you have a problem viewing Acorn TV on your Roku device, could you please send us a diagnostic report from your Roku to help us determine what the problem might be?

To do so, get to the Acorn TV home screen; then choose Help > Contact Acorn TV and choose an error report to send us.

-Acorn TV Support
AcornTVSupport

Postby ken-in-ny » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 pm

I see this was in April. We are having exactly the same problem. Was there ever a fix for this?
ken-in-ny

Postby dwanthny » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:20 am

ken-in-ny wrote:I see this was in April. We are having exactly the same problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

There was never any channel wide problem that required a fix. I used the channel for a year without any problems. My year though was up about a month ago so I can't comment on today.

Have you contacted the channel's support and followed the advice of AcornTVSupport's post above where they say, "send us a diagnostic report from your Roku"?
:idea: 20GB of Free CLOUD STORAGE: For a limited time you can use this link https://copy.com?r=lB3oTH to sign up for a free 15GB Copy.com account and we both get an extra 5GB of free space.
dwanthny

Postby bruce43 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 pm

ken-in-ny wrote:I see this was in April. We are having exactly the same problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

I have the Roku 3 and ATT high speed Internet . I can't go more than 5 minutes without Acorn tv needing to pause and reload. This only happens with the Acorn tv channel. Every other channel streams with no problem
bruce43

Postby socantra » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:47 pm

bruce43 wrote:

I have the Roku 3 and ATT high speed Internet . I can't go more than 5 minutes without Acorn tv needing to pause and reload. This only happens with the Acorn tv channel. Every other channel streams with no problem

What is the speed of your AT&T high speed internet? Have you taken the diagnostic steps requested by Acorn TV support in the message two posts above your message? Have you contacted Acorn TV support?
Please attempt to maintain a thin veneer of civility.
Remember, you are speaking to strangers on the internet,
not your own family at home.
socantra

Postby rudyfan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:27 am

I am having the same problem and will try the diagnostic through the acorn home screen to see if it helps. This also happened with Warner Archive Instant.
rudyfan

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion