Roku 3 issue

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Roku 3 issue

Postby crazed792 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:50 pm

I purchased a Roku 3 on release day and have overall loved it, except that after a couple of weeks a few things stopped working. First, I had to use the remote, I could not longer control via Android remote app. Second, I could browse around, but not actually play anything (not app specific), and third, certain features stopped working altogether, such as instant search. When it was in this state, the light at the front of the unit (the white light) would flash twice, pause, and repeat.

I rebooted the unit and all worked well, but only for a few days. Then again and again, but each time it seemed to have problems quicker, until it only would get through about a movie. I factory reset the thing, and it worked for the better part of a week, but yesterday it did it again.

Thoughts? Did I get a dud?
crazed792

Re: Roku 3 issue

Postby DaveK64 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:07 am

Yes..
DaveK64

Postby DrKukary » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:14 am

Mine is stuck doing boot loops :/
DrKukary

Postby RokuShawnS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:10 pm

DrKukary wrote:Mine is stuck doing boot loops :/

We need more information on what is going on. Please read the Tips, Tricks, & Major Announcements forum threads for what information we need.

crazed792 wrote:I purchased a Roku 3 on release day and have overall loved it, except that after a couple of weeks a few things stopped working. First, I had to use the remote, I could not longer control via Android remote app. Second, I could browse around, but not actually play anything (not app specific), and third, certain features stopped working altogether, such as instant search. When it was in this state, the light at the front of the unit (the white light) would flash twice, pause, and repeat.

I rebooted the unit and all worked well, but only for a few days. Then again and again, but each time it seemed to have problems quicker, until it only would get through about a movie. I factory reset the thing, and it worked for the better part of a week, but yesterday it did it again.

Thoughts? Did I get a dud?

Please contact Customer Service, and follow their directions on trouble-shooting. They'll be in the best position to escalate your issues and possibly issue an RMA if you do indeed have a defective unit. (*Edit* And PM me your case number and contact information so I can follow-up on it).

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion