Just received my new Roku 3, well about 2 hours ago, and still can't get the remote to pair.
I have not been able to get past the select your language screen, as the remote is not pairing so there is no further information beyond this point required.
The following has been tried as from other forum posts and the internet.
1. Press pairing button on remote, tried 3,5 and even 30 seconds of holding it in.
2. Factory reset the device, tried this several times too. As it's just come from the factory don't see the point of this, but have tried this option.
3. I have tried new batteries in the event the "new" ones in the box are old.
4. I have changed the wifi channel 9, who knows, but I tried that.
5. There are no other remotes in the room.
6. The device is near the TV, someone said move it away from the TV as some TV's cause interference. Not sure how that is going to work, as the device requires a TV. None the less I tried this too.
7. Make a sacrifice in the back yard, under the tree. This didn't work either, but I did manage to BBQ the goat and have something to eat now. Sorry, had to add this in as there has been some strange ideas out there to fix this problem.
When I depress the pairing button on the remote, the green light starts to flash, the Roku device then displays a remote with a wifi signal icon and rotating circle on screen. After a couple of seconds the lights stops flashing and the display changes back to please select a language. That's about what I got.
If you need more details, let me know.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated, I'll even share some of the BBQ'd goat with you