svu on netflix

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

svu on netflix

Postby ronfelder » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 pm

what happened to all the season of law and order svu on netflix? seems all seasons prior to season 8 have disappeared. Any aswers?
Roku 2100x, (2) Roku2 3100x , Actiontec M1424-WR Rev I modem/router, Verizon FIOS 25/25, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
ronfelder

Re: svu on netflix

Postby bvd1022 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:10 pm

ronfelder wrote:what happened to all the season of law and order svu on netflix? seems all seasons prior to season 8 have disappeared. Any aswers?

Hmm maybe that was a glitch because I have all episodes on mine. I have the same issue come up from time to time when I go to play an episode of a series it’ll play in full and then it’ll go back to the play screen but if I try to go to the next episode it’ll only pull up as far as the last episode I watched. Usually when that happens all I need to do is exit out of the channel and enter in and all episodes of a series will show up like normal. It really sounds like a technological glitch. Hope that helps.
bvd1022

Postby ACraigo » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:12 pm

Yep,

Welcome to the busted netflix channel on Roku.

The good news is that it only happens to some people.

The bad news is it's happening to you - and me.

Don't worry though. It's being 'investigated' (for about a year now), so a fix is just around the corner. :roll:
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.fishmojo.com
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo
ACraigo

Postby FredNugent69 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:55 pm

Seasons 8 - 12 are only showing up not only just Roku but on their website as well. I even checked instantwatcher.com who is behind on their information because I tried to go to the 1st season they have listed and was directed to a NF page telling me the title is not available so it seems yes, it is only seasons 8 - 12 that is available!
ROKU 3 (Given away)
(2) ROKU 2 HD (the champ)
(2) ROKU 2 XS
ROKU 2 XD
SONY BLU-RAY BDP-S580
BRIGHTHOUSE MODEM/ROUTER BRIDGED WITH NETGEAR WNDR4500 (Router)
FredNugent69

Postby Gilgamesh » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:40 am

ACraigo wrote:Yep,

Welcome to the busted netflix channel on Roku.

The good news is that it only happens to some people.

The bad news is it's happening to you - and me.

Don't worry though. It's being 'investigated' (for about a year now), so a fix is just around the corner. :roll:

The Netflix channel on Roku is NOT causing this. The same issue appears on their web site.

It looks like there are two possibilities.

1: There is a glitch of some kind at Netflix that is preventing eps 1-7 from showing. (Not likely)
2: Netflix no longer has the rights to the first seven seasons. (Probably)

There is no way Roku's Netflix channel is causing this problem and it is foolish to think so.

Netflix on Roku has some problems from time to time but this is not one of them.
Gilgamesh

Postby FredNugent69 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:36 am

Gilgamesh wrote:
Netflix no longer has the rights to the first seven seasons. (Probably)

There is no way Roku's Netflix channel is causing this problem and it is foolish to think so.

Netflix on Roku has some problems from time to time but this is not one of them.

Yep, easily distinguishable by going to NF's website instead of just looking at the App here on Roku.
That's how I came up with it. :?
ROKU 3 (Given away)
(2) ROKU 2 XS
ROKU 2 XD
SONY BLU-RAY BDP-S580
FredNugent69

Postby DBDukes » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:20 am

I was thinking about blaming the 5.0 upgrade for it. That's what all the cool kids do.
DBDukes
Roku 3, Roku 2 XS, Roku XD
DBDukes

Postby ACraigo » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:55 am

Gilgamesh wrote:The Netflix channel on Roku is NOT causing this. The same issue appears on their web site.

It looks like there are two possibilities.

1: There is a glitch of some kind at Netflix that is preventing eps 1-7 from showing. (Not likely)
2: Netflix no longer has the rights to the first seven seasons. (Probably)

Ah yes, I seem to be in error - Seasons 1-7 are NOT related to 'the episode advancing bug' which is fairly well documented.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50379
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=57867
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=56460

The cost to the community and this excellent sounding board for Netflix and Roku's refusal to locate and correct this issue is going to be me showing up and bitching about it a little bit every time one of these threads shows up. I was wrong this time. My bad.
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.fishmojo.com
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo
ACraigo

Postby mikeyts » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:01 am

Sad that Netflix has dumped over half of SVU, but it might be that the rights holder isn't offering it to them anymore. Last year I re-watched the entire series from the beginning on Netflix; apparently I did it just in time. I notice that Amazon now only has from Season 7 onward (except that they have S1 in SD :roll:), but none of it is Prime. Hulu Plus still has it all, including the past few seasons, which Netflix never had. Of course, NBC/Universal is one of the founders and current owners of Hulu (I've read that it's for sale).
mikeyts

Postby bvd1022 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:28 pm

It seems a bit strange that this is happening to some people. It hasn’t happened to me beyond that glitch I mentioned before but something logical that I can think of is maybe there was some kind of streaming agreement between NBC and Netflix which is why some episodes have disappeared for some people. Maybe this is a strategy by NBC, who is a partner in Hulu to steer more subscribers to that service. I’m subscribed to both so it doesn’t make a difference to me but it does make sense if that is indeed what the deal is. I wonder why I have access to every episode. Seems strange. I hope Netflix will add more episodes of the original Law and Order I think the original only goes as far as season seven currently.

Far as the Netflix channel it is pretty smooth and reminds me of Netflix’s PS3 channel just wish they would add auto play as an option on Roku.
bvd1022

Postby FredNugent69 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:37 pm

Go to search on Roku and you'll see how sloppily the seasons got thrown around. Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and even Vudu have them. You just have to seek out the seasons and decide if you want to pay a little extra for a show that's still in syndication. I swear, that's what VCRs were for so don't DVRs do the same for the ones with cable? Another thing is, I never got this whole having to watch a TV show while it's being broadcast stuff in this day and age. Recording it and flying through commercials is the way to go. 8)
ROKU 3 (Given away)
(2) ROKU 2 XS
ROKU 2 XD
SONY BLU-RAY BDP-S580
FredNugent69

Postby mikeyts » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:59 pm

bvd1022 wrote:I wonder why I have access to every episode. Seems strange.

What you're saying is that you can see seasons 1-7 both on Netflix's website and on the Roku? If so, that is very strange.
mikeyts

Postby reddice » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Even though I don't like SVU this is what really ticks me off about Netflix when they decide to just remove some seasons of a show. Never mind a expire date just remove the earlier seasons.

Not to change topics but I saw a video of a moron saying that discs are going the way of the Dinosaurs and everything will be streamed from the cloud. Well I have news for you buddy with crap like this always happening the cloud is raining. I am buying more stuff from discs and you can pry it from my cold dead hands as I will NEVER replace them over something in the cloud that might not be there tommorow. Discs will ALLWAYS be around because of this.
Earthlink Standard powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) using OpenDNS.
Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 3, Roku 3, Sony PS3 Slim, Sony PS4 all Wired. Chromecast Wireless.
Cats are the best pets.
reddice

Postby Basil » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:48 pm

reddice wrote:Even though I don't like SVU this is what really ticks me off about Netflix when they decide to just remove some seasons of a show. Never mind a expire date just remove the earlier seasons.

So, you have inside information that it was Netflix that decided to remove the shows, and not the content owners? Wow, thanks for clearing that up.
reddice wrote:...Discs will ALLWAYS be around because of this.

Plus, you can store them right next to your VHS tapes.
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
http://www.imao.us/
Roku 3, Roku HDMI Streaming Stick, Roku LT; previous Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XD|S, Roku HD
Also running Apple TV, TiVo/OTA, Simple.TV/OTA, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV
Basil
** Valued Community Member **

Postby reddice » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:04 pm

Well content owners can't take away all my DVDs and BluRays so what are you smoking. I love streaming stuff but I won't get rid if my discs if Netflix decides to add a show or movie in my collection because of this.
Earthlink Standard powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
ASUS RT-N66W Router 374.43 (Merlin Build) using OpenDNS.
Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV 3, Roku 3, Sony PS3 Slim, Sony PS4 all Wired. Chromecast Wireless.
Cats are the best pets.
reddice

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion