When will "Mad Men" season 6 be available on Netflix?

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

When will "Mad Men" season 6 be available on Netflix?

Postby DaBronx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:17 pm

Now that season 6 of "Mad Men" has ended its first run on AMC does anyone know when season 6 will be available for instant streaming on Netflix?

Thank you.

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3 (still in factory sealed box), Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx
** Valued Community Member **

Re: When will "Mad Men" season 6 be available on Netflix?

Postby tj218 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:21 pm

My guess would be March. With those shows (Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc.) they wait till the next season is just about to start before the release the DVDs and make it available on streaming services.
tj218

Postby Basil » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:26 pm

No, sorry. Unless Netflix has a deal to show episodes ahead of DVD releases -- I have no idea on that -- then they likely won't show until the DVD is released. And, from what I can tell, that date hasn't yet been set. In recent years, it's been 4-6 months after the finale that the DVD came out. First couple of seasons, it was 9 months later.

Netflix signed a big deal in 2011 to carry the show. Do you recall how long after the 2012 season finale (10 June 2012) that it debuted on Netflix? The DVD came out 4 months later (16 October 2012).

Sorry, that's no authoritative answer, but it's a best guess, lacking additional data.
Basil
http://www.basilsblog.com/
http://www.imao.us/
Roku 3, Roku 1, Roku LT; previous Roku HDMI Streaming Stick, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XD|S, Roku HD
Also running Apple TV, TiVo/OTA, Simple.TV/OTA, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV
Basil

Postby DaBronx » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Thank you for the replies.

There will probably be some press releases issued when the season comes to Netflix but that does not look like anytime soon.

I just discovered the series a few weeks ago and watched all 64 episodes since then.

Next up is Breakin Bad. Have recently watched the first few and almost didn't recognize Malcolm's dad.

Once again, thank you.

brett
Roku2 XS #13A164000326, Roku3 (still in factory sealed box), Roku1, wired to Netgear WND 3700 router, 100 mb cable broadband, Samsung 50" 720p plasma tv, (Subscriber- Hulu+, Netflix, HBOGO, EPIX HD, 2014 MLB.TV Premium)
DaBronx

Postby Basil » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:50 pm

OMG Breaking Bad is awesome. You have some serious twists coming up. Enjoy!
Basil
Roku 3, Roku 1, Roku LT; previous Roku HDMI Streaming Stick, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XD|S, Roku HD
Basil

Postby jeffrok » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:29 pm

+2 on Breaking Bad being awesome.. from beginning to current, it's kept my interest, which is more than I can say for Weeds.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koy2eg1ioZ8&list=HL1380998604&feature=mh_lolz
jeffrok

Postby kc8pql » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:10 am

DaBronx wrote:Now that season 6 of "Mad Men" has ended its first run on AMC does anyone know when season 6 will be available for instant streaming on Netflix?

Thank you.

brett

Amazon has season 6 now. PPV of course.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql

Postby tj218 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Breaking Bad is a good show. Stinks it's coming to an end.

Sons of Anarchy isn't bad, surprised me as I am not into motorcycles or anything, but it is another serial drama that is hard to stop watching.
tj218

Postby Heyitsrick » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:45 pm

tj218 wrote:Breaking Bad is a good show. Stinks it's coming to an end.

Sons of Anarchy isn't bad, surprised me as I am not into motorcycles or anything, but it is another serial drama that is hard to stop watching.

re: Breaking Bad -- great show, but seriously...how long can anyone realistically expect these guys could keep getting away with what they're doing? The last thing I want to see is the show becoming a parody of itself. I fully expect a "non-happy" ending, lol.

re: Sons -- kind of the same deal for me. But on this one, I lost interest early on. The premise of a biker gang eluding the slammer (for life) like they were just wasn't realistic enough for me. I know it's TV and all, but these are the kinds of shows that try to weave some kind of "this is plausible" into the story lines.

Weeds? It absolutely became a joke as it was so far-fetched after a while.
Heyitsrick

Postby ACraigo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 pm

I am sure a large portion of the TRU-TV audience is made up of regular, educated, clear thinking individuals that choose to suspend belief temporarily for no other reason than to be entertained.

Then there are the foil beanie group. I found out recently my beanie could have never worked because there was no mention of a grounding strap. Upgrade in place. It's a miracle I haven't been found and reprogrammed.

It takes all kinds.

:)
Tony
Roku 2 HD
www.fishmojo.com
www.youtube.com/user/TheFishMojo
ACraigo

Postby Basil » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Heyitsrick wrote:re: Breaking Bad -- great show, but seriously...how long can anyone realistically expect these guys could keep getting away with what they're doing? The last thing I want to see is the show becoming a parody of itself. I fully expect a "non-happy" ending, lol.

re: Sons -- kind of the same deal for me. But on this one, I lost interest early on. The premise of a biker gang eluding the slammer (for life) like they were just wasn't realistic enough for me. I know it's TV and all, but these are the kinds of shows that try to weave some kind of "this is plausible" into the story lines.

Personally, I've always the realism of Star Trek. Well, that and the Road Runner and the Coyote.
Basil
Basil

Postby Heyitsrick » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:02 am

Basil wrote:
Heyitsrick wrote:re: Breaking Bad -- great show, but seriously...how long can anyone realistically expect these guys could keep getting away with what they're doing? The last thing I want to see is the show becoming a parody of itself. I fully expect a "non-happy" ending, lol.

Personally, I've always the realism of Star Trek. Well, that and the Road Runner and the Coyote.

I don't have any "realism" expectations of a sci-fi series or a cartoon, lol. But a show about a chemistry teacher who finds he's terminally ill and thinks up a plan to provide for his family based upon his knowledge of the subject matter? Hey -- some dude was just busted for that in real life (although there probably wasn't the mitigating terminal illness involved).

I'm just not a fan of the deus ex machina approach to story lines in shows where there is some attempt made to make them appear otherwise plausible in present-day life. If it's a sci-fi program's starship warping in at the last second to save the day, that's another story. Or if roadrunners can outrun coyotes (they can't) and coyotes can amazingly reincarnate after being hit by a fallen safe or anvil in a cartoon, etc., that's pure fantasy, and I'm down with that.

On the other hand, if I'm watching an episode of Law and Order and some guy's head gets blown off and doctors reconstruct and re-attach it and he lives, that's outside the realm of reason -- entertainment or otherwise. If it's a horror movie and somehow that happens, that's entertainment.

Obviously there's always some element of belief suspension in fictional entertainment. Depending on the type of story, though, it needs to be handled with care. Having miraculous circumstances occur just to prolong a series gets pretty lame. Don't know how else to explain it.

But, to each his own. That's what makes the world go 'round.
Heyitsrick

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion