The big bang theory

Discussions about Roku products, channels, and Roku-related topics.

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

The big bang theory

Postby Turbojoe » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:42 pm

The Big Bang Theory. I'm 100% addicted and am in need of crisis intervention! One of the VERY few things I miss since "cutting the cable". The CBS website has a few OLD episodes. Would there happen to be a channel out there that specializes in TBBT?
Thanks guys.

Joe
The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Turbojoe

Re: The big bang theory

Postby mikebdoss » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Turbojoe wrote:The Big Bang Theory. I'm 100% addicted and am in need of crisis intervention! One of the VERY few things I miss since "cutting the cable". The CBS website has a few OLD episodes. Would there happen to be a channel out there that specializes in TBBT?
Thanks guys.

Joe

I don't know if the show is streaming anywhere, but if you can get an antenna, CBS is free OTA in every market, and most markets have a channel showing the program in syndication.
mikebdoss
** Valued Community Member **

Postby Mark12547 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:46 pm

Also, in the US Netflix has seasons 1-6 (2007-2012) available on disc.
Mark12547

Postby Turbojoe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:22 am

mikebdoss wrote:
Turbojoe wrote:The Big Bang Theory. I'm 100% addicted and am in need of crisis intervention! One of the VERY few things I miss since "cutting the cable". The CBS website has a few OLD episodes. Would there happen to be a channel out there that specializes in TBBT?
Thanks guys.

Joe

I don't know if the show is streaming anywhere, but if you can get an antenna, CBS is free OTA in every market, and most markets have a channel showing the program in syndication.

The problem for me is that I'm back to working nights again and don't get a chance to see it OTA now.

Joe
Turbojoe

Postby Red NSX » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:12 am

Not a Roku answer, but a good choice for a cable cutter. Being that you have OTA ability. Get a series 3 Tivo w/lifetime subscription, less than $300 on ebay with no further fees. Past seasons are also on some independent stations. I agree, it is a great show, very funny, even though the title is stupid.
Red NSX

Postby CalvinMcGowan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:47 am

Turbojoe wrote:Would there happen to be a channel out there that specializes in TBBT? Thanks guys. Joe

Not exactly one that "specializes" in TBBT, but someone is currently streaming TBBT on JustinTV.
CalvinMcGowan

Postby mikebdoss » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:05 am

CalvinMcGowan wrote:
Turbojoe wrote:Would there happen to be a channel out there that specializes in TBBT? Thanks guys. Joe

Not exactly one that "specializes" in TBBT, but someone is currently streaming TBBT on JustinTV.

Which simulates the quality and experience of watching a show through your neighbor's window. Not a good solution.
mikebdoss

Postby mikebdoss » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:06 am

Red NSX wrote:Not a Roku answer, but a good choice for a cable cutter. Being that you have OTA ability. Get a series 3 Tivo w/lifetime subscription, less than $300 on ebay with no further fees. Past seasons are also on some independent stations. I agree, it is a great show, very funny, even though the title is stupid.

Or use your computer as a DVR with an HD HomeRun tuner. There are a lot of ways to do it. But I agree that being able to record live OTA television to watch later is a vital component to any cord-cutting setup.
mikebdoss

Postby Basil » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:22 am

Another option for Roku users is Simple.TV. It's $150. You need to add an external USB drive for storage, and it must connect to your network via LAN cable. Service subscription is $50/year or $150/lifetime.

It's a single tuner device, and plays back through any Roku on your system (limit 5).

It's not as polished as Tivo, but it's functional, and cheaper overall.
Basil
http://www.imao.us/
Roku 3, Roku LT
Apple TV, TiVo/OTA, FireTV Stick, Chromecast

Previous:
Roku HDMI Streaming Stick, Roku 1, Roku 2 XS, Roku 2 XD, Roku 2 HD, Roku XD|S, Roku HD
Simple.TV/OTA, FireTV
Basil

Postby Turbojoe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:59 am

CalvinMcGowan wrote:

Just found that. Good enough for me plus it's free!

Joe
Turbojoe

Postby leglace » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:08 am

I have Big Bang Theory series set to record on my Roku through Simple TV.
leglace

Postby gonzotek » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Just for completeness, Amazon has Seasons 1-6 available for purchase through Instant Video (they're not exactly cheap, however; especially the later seasons).
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek

Postby TheEndless » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:46 pm

gonzotek wrote:Just for completeness, Amazon has Seasons 1-6 available for purchase through Instant Video (they're not exactly cheap, however; especially the later seasons).

If you're going for completeness, you should probably also point out that Vudu has them as well (for purchase).
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), MainSqueeze (MAINSQUEEZE), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), Twitch.tv (TWITCHTV), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
TheEndless

Postby gonzotek » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:15 pm

TheEndless wrote:
gonzotek wrote:Just for completeness, Amazon has Seasons 1-6 available for purchase through Instant Video (they're not exactly cheap, however; especially the later seasons).

If you're going for completeness, you should probably also point out that Vudu has them as well (for purchase).

Very true. I always forget Vudu does tv as well as movies. It's a mental block thing :).
Remoku.tv - A free web app for Roku Remote Control!
Want to control your Roku from nearly any phone, computer or tablet? Get started at http://help.remoku.tv
by Apps4TV - Applications for television and beyond: http://www.apps4tv.com
gonzotek

Postby flamebird » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:35 am

Basil wrote:Another option for Roku users is Simple.TV. It's $150. You need to add an external USB drive for storage, and it must connect to your network via LAN cable. Service subscription is $50/year or $150/lifetime.

It's a single tuner device, and plays back through any Roku on your system (limit 5).

It's not as polished as Tivo, but it's functional, and cheaper overall.

Woot.com has the simple.tv for sale on their "tech woot" area today. Regular price with a free lifetime subscription.
If I'd got my lazy butt up and got an antenna working, I'd probably snap one up.
flamebird

Next

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion