Channels Won't Load

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Channels Won't Load

Postby rasteven » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:23 am

Hi
I'm having trouble loading all channels on my Roku. The channel store loads just fine, but when we go to load Netflix, Amazon, or Acorn, we just get a spinning wheel. Sometimes on Netflix I can get to my queue, but if I try to load a show then it takes forever, and finally get a message saying that it can't connect.
On Amazon I can get to my library, but when I try to load a show it's pretty much the same thing.
Sometimes, on both, the video will start to play, but then drop out after a minute or two.

We've tried a factory reset, re-loading the channels, etc. We've also checked and updated our connection to our WiFi- it always says the signal strength is excellent, and when we do a connection update it has no trouble.

Not sure why this started all of a sudden. We've had it in the same spot for months, with no issues, and all of a sudden it stopped working this week.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
rasteven

Re: Channels Won't Load

Postby RokuShawnS » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:28 am

Sounds like a major hub is down, or you're receiving interference suddenly.

I'd first trouble-shoot this by shutting down all networked devices, and then shutting down the router/modem for 5-10 minutes. Then bring the router/modem back up and ensure it's connected successfully to the internet, then ONLY connect the Roku. Test the channels. If everything works, bring up all other networked devices one by one.

C. Shawn Smith
Forum Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
RokuShawnS
Roku Engineering

Postby rasteven » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:54 am

Thanks! We have not had any issues with any other devices. We moved the Xbox into the room and Netflix loaded perfectly.
Same with streaming blu-ray player, but we'll still try the reset
rasteven

Postby psd911 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:05 am

I'm having the same issue with Roku 3 , A&E , History and Lifetime will not load. Spinning wheel then back to the home screen. Did the internet reset. No go.
psd911

Postby trekkeriii » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:29 am

psd911 wrote:I'm having the same issue with Roku 3 , A&E , History and Lifetime will not load. Spinning wheel then back to the home screen. Did the internet reset. No go.

Not to accuse you of anything, but are you trying to get around content-locks by using unauthorized means? Usually that is the cause of such problems described in this thread.
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Postby psd911 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:48 am

trekkeriii wrote:
psd911 wrote:I'm having the same issue with Roku 3 , A&E , History and Lifetime will not load. Spinning wheel then back to the home screen. Did the internet reset. No go.

Not to accuse you of anything, but are you trying to get around content-locks by using unauthorized means? Usually that is the cause of such problems described in this thread.

Unauthorized? I think you just did accuse me. Hulu Plus works fine.

Factory reset solved the issue.
psd911

Postby stutch13 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:26 pm

I had the same issue a while back and then went to the roku site (where you load most of your channels) and clicked on the support.. Talked to somebody who had me do a forced redownload of the latest update.. That cleared things right up.. However there are channels that still don't load the content I'm trying to watch.. truth is I was going to delete those channels because I never watched them anyway..
stutch13

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion