ROKU 3 SCREENSAVER FREEZE

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuShawnS, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL, RokuKen

ROKU 3 SCREENSAVER FREEZE

Postby ar10b » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:30 am

HELLO, RECENTLY GOT MY ROKU 3 5000? AND AFTER IT HAS BEEN ON SCREENSAVER A WHILE WITH DANCING ROKU IT WILL NOT COME OUT OF IT WITHOUT UNPLUGGING UNIT....TRIED CHANGING TO CLOCK SCREENSAVER (BOTH VERSIONS) AND IN THE MORNING WHEN I TURN ON TV ,DANCING ROKU IS ON AGAIN AND WILL NOT COME OUT NO MATTER WHAT BUTTON I PRESS...UNPLUGGING IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.........I GO TO SETTINGS AND IT IS STILL ON CLOCK?...IS THERE A CURE? THANKS
AFTER I UNPLUG,, IT UN-FREEZE'S AND IF IDLE RETURNS TO CLOCK SCREENSAVER
ar10b

Re: ROKU 3 SCREENSAVER FREEZE

Postby micahw29 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:32 am

I received my Streaming Stick on Friday. Finally got it working Friday night but wasn't able to dig in and watch it until last night where I set up some channels. This morning I turn on TV and see only the word "Roku" with each letter sort of bouncing. Nothing else worked. The remote is useless, I unplugged it and re-plugged it. Same thing. I tried a different HDMI port, same thing. Really disappointed as this is my first Roku experience and it hasn't been a successful one. Hope that others aren't experiencing the same issues.
micahw29

Postby trekkeriii » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:18 am

ar10b wrote:HELLO, RECENTLY GOT MY ROKU 3 5000? AND AFTER IT HAS BEEN ON SCREENSAVER A WHILE WITH DANCING ROKU IT WILL NOT COME OUT OF IT WITHOUT UNPLUGGING UNIT....TRIED CHANGING TO CLOCK SCREENSAVER (BOTH VERSIONS) AND IN THE MORNING WHEN I TURN ON TV ,DANCING ROKU IS ON AGAIN AND WILL NOT COME OUT NO MATTER WHAT BUTTON I PRESS...UNPLUGGING IS THE ONLY SOLUTION.........I GO TO SETTINGS AND IT IS STILL ON CLOCK?...IS THERE A CURE? THANKS
AFTER I UNPLUG,, IT UN-FREEZE'S AND IF IDLE RETURNS TO CLOCK SCREENSAVER

Dancing logo sounds like it's booting up. How do you power down your equipment? Do you have a power strip or something?
Roku2 XS, 42" LCD, Ethernet (5.5 b320)
Roku Stick HDMI, 32" LCD, WiFi (5.5 b2027)
Roku N1000, 25" CRT, Ethernet (3.1)
Router - Linksys WRT54G2
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
trekkeriii
** Valued Community Member **

Postby kc8pql » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:15 am

micahw29 wrote:I received my Streaming Stick on Friday. Finally got it working Friday night but wasn't able to dig in and watch it until last night where I set up some channels. This morning I turn on TV and see only the word "Roku" with each letter sort of bouncing. Nothing else worked. The remote is useless, I unplugged it and re-plugged it. Same thing. I tried a different HDMI port, same thing. Really disappointed as this is my first Roku experience and it hasn't been a successful one. Hope that others aren't experiencing the same issues.

Apparently your TV turns the power off to the HDMI port when you turn it off, so the Roku has to reboot when you turn it back on, and the remote also has to be re-paired with the stick.
Using the external power source for the Stick will probably solve the problem.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
OTA Antenna, "Netflix Player" N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R
kc8pql
** Valued Community Member **

Postby ar10b » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:31 pm

i'm plugged into power strip and do not power down the roku......it sometimes goes to dancing roku freeze when i walk away and the screensaver kicks in even though i have the clock screen saver set in settings....when the clock screen saver is on the screen, it works like normal and is not frozen.
ar10b

Return to Roku Streaming Player General Discussion