Linking/synchronizing multiple SoundBridges

Moderators: RokuDouglas, RokuKen, RokuRyan, RokuJamesL

Linking/synchronizing multiple SoundBridges

Postby thebrittons@cox.net » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:09 am

I have two and may get a third. Is there anyway to coordinate them so that they are all playing the same song at the same time? I have them in different rooms in our house and it would be nice to have the same song playing while moving throught the house. If this is not currently a feature, it would be really nice to add in the future.

- Dave
thebrittons@cox.net

Re: Linking/synchronizing multiple SoundBridges

Postby jbp » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:03 am

thebrittons@cox.net wrote:I have two and may get a third. Is there anyway to coordinate them so that they are all playing the same song at the same time? I have them in different rooms in our house and it would be nice to have the same song playing while moving throught the house. If this is not currently a feature, it would be really nice to add in the future.

- Dave

Not directly supported but I found this from a previous post:

rschuckle wrote:Actually you can. Take a look at Oddcast and Icecast. By using both you can turn your system into an inside the house internet radio station. My kids have great fun broadcasting all over the house. Its fun as well since you can synchronize multiple soundbridges.

Hope that helps.
jbp

Postby wideasleep1 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 pm

You can also try Cidero, which has the ability to sync them very close..usu. w/in a few milliseconds. G'Luck!
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes,
rivers always reach the sea

M1000x2,M2000,Twonky 4.3.3 RC1 beta on LinkStation HGLAN400gig,Buffalo whr-g54s on DD-WRTfirmware-luv'in it!
wideasleep1

Return to SoundBridge General Discussion