Your Digital Media Has Never Looked So Good

Search found 16 matches

  • 1
  • 2
by pusta
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:20 am
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Amazon rebuffering issues becoming worse
Replies: 1
Views: 2052

Re: Amazon rebuffering issues becoming worse

The Amazon rebuffering problems are getting worse. They started with the update, and are happening whether the show is HD or not. What happens is the show rebuffers 2 or 3 times, and then it just stops and goes back to the menu. I don't know if Amazon is having problems with the increase bandwidth ...
by pusta
Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:16 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Objectionable content on Roku Player
Replies: 103
Views: 65998

@elfgirl I'm not really looking to get into a shouting match, but just a question. What about those of us without children that choose to watch the free content? Why should we miss out because we chose not to have children?
by pusta
Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:23 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Time Warner Setting Limits
Replies: 35
Views: 20695

It looks like Time Warner has backed off caps and metered billing in ALL markets due to public outcry. Common sense would have told them it was a bad idea from the start...

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Time ... ing-101948
by pusta
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 am
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Time Warner Setting Limits
Replies: 35
Views: 20695

Re: Consider the facts

Cable/telecom providers are required to have franchise agreements with the municipalities they serve. In light of this, it's not that TW, Comcast, whoever are "monopolies"; the municipalities frequently refuse to award franchise agreements to additional companies. Basically this means the...
by pusta
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:47 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Objectionable content on Roku Player
Replies: 103
Views: 65998

OK, the deal is this: with Netflix a parent can log on, pick the content... yeah they have sort of softcore stuff, but you as a parent can choose whether or not to load it to your player or not. Amazon.com is not giving you that choice...Its suggestive and its free, and it right there for all to se...
by pusta
Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:37 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Objectionable content on Roku Player
Replies: 103
Views: 65998

Roku could do something about it by simply having a setting that disables unwanted channels, such as Amazon. They have chosen not to. Yeah, it seems like they could have that in a future release: "Channel Chooser" that requires a password to re-activate. Of course, I think it would make m...
by pusta
Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:33 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Netflix for the Wii?? I say yes
Replies: 10
Views: 7097

snarler wrote:
Doesn't PlayOn already do this for the PS3 and soon the Wii? Granted, it's more expensive, but it does a lot more as well.


and you need a dedicated PC on every time you want to do any streaming. This would eliminate the need for a dedicated PC.
by pusta
Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:13 am
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: NBC Boss says we should watch TV on our TV
Replies: 24
Views: 13329

Let's be honest, there is a business model that can be developed around Hulu/Online viewing. The problem is these companies are afraid to give up the old way of doing things. Look at the music industry and digital downloads, they spent billions fighting the technology, the people, etc, and now iTune...
by pusta
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: 5.1 Sound
Replies: 6
Views: 5509

This has been discussed numerous times on this board, a search will reveal that. But to answer your question, it is a current limitation of the encoding they use for the video. The Microsoft CODEC does not do 5.1 yet.

http://blog.netflix.com/2008/11/encodin ... aming.html
by pusta
Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:15 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Need to Mask The Purchase Code and for Parental Controls
Replies: 19
Views: 11568

If it's a big deal purchase only from your computer. Problem solved. I'm not going to purchase anything until the Amazon prices become reasonable. Nonetheless, it is ridiculous to get up leave the room to perform simple purchase to work around an obvious design defect in the UI. Way to discourage t...
by pusta
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:37 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Sirius on Roku DP?
Replies: 2
Views: 3395

I'd rather see Roku just open the API, and allow content providers access to the box. That way we hopefully would not need to go through a release cycle to get new providers on here.
by pusta
Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:48 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Confused by amazon Addition
Replies: 38
Views: 19697

I look at this addition in another way. I was paying Comcast ~$100/month for cable, without any premium stations. I recently took inventory of what I recorded on my TiVos, and 95% of that was broadcast TV, and the other 5% was USA/TNT, etc. Outside of those stations, I watch nothing else on cable. ...
by pusta
Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:47 pm
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Confused by amazon Addition
Replies: 38
Views: 19697

I look at this addition in another way. I was paying Comcast ~$100/month for cable, without any premium stations. I recently took inventory of what I recorded on my TiVos, and 95% of that was broadcast TV, and the other 5% was USA/TNT, etc. Outside of those stations, I watch nothing else on cable. F...
by pusta
Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:28 am
Forum: Roku Streaming Player General Discussion
Topic: Amazon VOD - Not Interested
Replies: 21
Views: 11747

This is supposed to be the new age of HD. The Roku box is HD compatible. HD on the Roku looks pretty good. Why does Roku sign on with an outfit not offering that? Why would I use Amazon VOD and pay for a non HD movie? Answer: I wouldn't unless I was pretty desperate to see that movie and there were...
  • 1
  • 2