Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Candysays
Channel Surfer

Why is steaming stick 4+ not for sell?

Can anyone tell me why Roku web page no longer sales Roku Steaming Stick 4+?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Why is steaming stick 4+ not for sell?

From the Wikipedia page, the Streaming Stick 4K+ was released in September 2021. From what I can tell, the only difference between the 4K and 4K+ is the remote. The + has the rechargeable remote. The actual stick itself is probably identical.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Why is steaming stick 4+ not for sell?

Good question. Seems like they only want to sell the Roku Ultra with the Voice Remote Pro on Roku.com The + versions always came with a better remote. Although right now they have a "Roku Express 4K+" but no "Roku Express 4K" at all. So it doesn't really make much sense.

The way Roku names their products isn't very intelligent. Why is the "Roku Streaming Stick 4K" the only one with "Streaming" in the title when they all stream? Why is the "Roku Ultra" the only 4K device without "4K" in the title?

It would make more sense to name them as follows:

"Roku Express Full HD"

"Roku Express 4K"

"Roku Stick 4K"

"Roku Ultra 4K"

This way every device that is 4K clearly shows it in the title and anything only supporting HD is marked too. That's a lot more consistent and less confusing in my opinion. But what the heck do I know? I'm just a stupid paying customer, not a genius working in the Roku marketing department.

0 Kudos