Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC29

Cameras devices logged in

Jump to solution

Camera's how can I find out how many devices are seeing the live feed or getting on my account.  How many devices are logged in my account 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cameras devices logged in

Jump to solution

Hi @MC29,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have inquiries about your account on Roku cameras. We're happy to help. Please be advised that there is no option on the Roku Smart Home app to see how many devices are logged in or are seeing your live feed. Your Roku account can only be accessed by manually signing in with your Roku Smart Home app credentials. We value your security. Rest assured that no one is signed in or is seeing your feed as long as you have not manually signed in your Roku credentials to a different device.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @DoubleUp!

We understand that you are experiencing unauthorized changes with your smart home app. We are here to assist you with this issue.

Please be advised that we do not have an option to recover deleted photos from your phone's gallery. We recommend that you restart your phone to refresh it.

For unauthorized changes on your smart home app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, reset the camera.

• Remove the camera: Go to the Homepage of the app> tap the Camera's name > go to Settings > click Delete device
  • To add the camera again, kindly follow the steps in this article: How to Set Up Indoor Camera SE

We appreciate your feedback regarding the option to view who can access or view your devices. Your input is valuable, and we will forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,

Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MC29,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you have inquiries about your account on Roku cameras. We're happy to help. Please be advised that there is no option on the Roku Smart Home app to see how many devices are logged in or are seeing your live feed. Your Roku account can only be accessed by manually signing in with your Roku Smart Home app credentials. We value your security. Rest assured that no one is signed in or is seeing your feed as long as you have not manually signed in your Roku credentials to a different device.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SarahZombie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Someone is definitely watching my cameras. Only my phone should have access, but when I check there are 'events' that have already been watched.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SarahZombie,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to know more about your concern. May we know what option or how did you know that someone is watching your cameras? Would you mind providing us with a photo/video for reference? Rest assured that if no one has access to your account, nobody can see your data. 

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than willing to further investigate this. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SarahZombie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Some of the thumbnails for the recordings are grey instead of white showing that they've been viewed, and I haven't viewed them first. I'm the only one that has access to the app and I even removed it from the tv so it can't be anyone in my house accessing them

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know, @SarahZombie.

No worries. In this case, here's what we can suggest. Try to reset your password on the credentials used to log in to your Roku account. For more information regarding this, refer to this link here. Afterwards, kindly uninstall the Roku Smart home app and install it again.

If you're still seeing the same issue and no improvements have been noted, please feel free to let us know here. We'll further assist you with this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DoubleUp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'll be getting all new cameras ASAP. Last night there was more traffic than normal in my neighborhood, and at some point without me realizing, all of the detection and event recording settings had been changed. 

@Roku you need to add some security to this IMMEDIATELY.

0 Kudos
DoubleUp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had a photo in the cameras album yesterday, that i used to submit a tech log, and this morning the picture is no longer in the album. How am i supposed to give you pictures or screenshots of my detection zone and recording triggers being changed? I have these cameras in my house, with my family, and your telling me there's NO WAY for me to know who or wat devices are viewing them??

0 Kudos
DoubleUp
Channel Surfer

Re: How to log in from a different device to view camera?

Jump to solution

It’s not just affecting Android. I only view my camera on 3 devices, and all 3 are Apple. Last night I was at work and didn’t notice that I wasn’t getting any notifications, but when I got home this morning I went to check the events, like I do every morning, and for the 2nd time, all of my notification and recording settings had been changed. There was not 1 single event recording from and out 9pm till I pulled back in my driveway at 630am. 

There have been multiple weird things happening with this camera lately. In addition to setting being changed, I have also noticed that up until about a week ago, the word LIVE was red on all 3 devices that I use to view. Now they are all 3 white. And regardless of which device I’m using, if I turn the sound on to hear what’s going on around the camera, I can hear what sounds like a static radio channel. 

Overall, completely unsatisfied with this system, and Have absolutely no sense of security in both my account and my privacy.

0 Kudos
RokuJessica-G
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @DoubleUp!

We understand that you are experiencing unauthorized changes with your smart home app. We are here to assist you with this issue.

Please be advised that we do not have an option to recover deleted photos from your phone's gallery. We recommend that you restart your phone to refresh it.

For unauthorized changes on your smart home app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If the issue persists, reset the camera.

• Remove the camera: Go to the Homepage of the app> tap the Camera's name > go to Settings > click Delete device
  • To add the camera again, kindly follow the steps in this article: How to Set Up Indoor Camera SE

We appreciate your feedback regarding the option to view who can access or view your devices. Your input is valuable, and we will forward it to the appropriate Roku team.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,

Jess

Jessica G.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos