Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlbautista
Reel Rookie

Age Inappropriate advertising!!!

I am a Catholic School Teacher showing jesus of Nazareth to my 4th and 5th grade class and an ad for bent carrot came on. We will not be using roku anymore until they can stop these inappropriate ads from airing during children's / rated G programming. ads, are not filtered, for younger audiences,

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Age Inappropriate advertising!!!

Hi @tlbautista,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We can understand your concern about the ads that you are seeing on the Roku device. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please be aware that while we can't please everyone with the ads that are displayed, we do strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might not agree with.

We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
BipolarGirl48
Binge Watcher

So turn off ads it's easy to do . Go to settings, privacy, advertising and click sensitive ad content and click alcohol, smoking,gambling,mature content and no more ads And personal ads to but I promise they watch adult content at home on their cellphones . That's what is wrong in this world . Hope it helps

tlbautista
Reel Rookie

I wasn't aware of this feature. thank you! 

0 Kudos
RockOn
Channel Surfer

tlbautista,
You might avoid ads during playback if you can put your video on a USB stick or DNLA server, then launch Roku Media Player to play it.

0 Kudos