Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzr

Apple TV+ / Peacock very slow

Both Apple TV plus and peacock are loading very slowly. Sometimes the Apple TV plus gives me an error that it can't load. Both the app and streams are slow.

I was using a Roku premiere and even factory reset to no avail. In the meantime I bought the 2022 Roku ultra and have the same issue. I'm using a wired connection which is 300 Mbps and use it for other purposes just fine. 

AAre those apps known to be very slow? Am I just used to a fast cell phone? Otherwise, what can I do considering what I  tried?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Apple TV+ / Peacock very slow

Hi @dzr

Thank you for the post!

If Apple TV+ and Peacock are running slow on your Roku device, here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your internet connection: Slow internet speeds can cause streaming issues. Make sure your Roku device is connected to a strong and stable internet connection. You can also try restarting your router or modem to see if that helps.
  • Check for software updates: Make sure your Roku device is running the latest software updates. Go to Settings > System > System update to check for updates and install them if available.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press the Home button on your remote, then go to Settings > System > System restart and select "Restart." This will restart your Roku device and may help resolve the issue.
  • Clear the app cache: Clearing the app cache can help fix issues with streaming apps. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > App > Peacock/Apple TV+ > Clear cache. Note that this will sign you out of the app, so you will need to sign back in again.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the app: If clearing the app cache does not work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
JulieVe

I have the same problem. When I go to system settings I don't have the option of clearing the cache. Is there a different shortcut for clearing the cache?

Thanks,

Julie

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JulieVe,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with the Peacock and Apple TV+. Help is here. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that have been provided above by @RokuLianna?
If the problem still persists, keep us posted on what you find out!
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

I'm a long time Roku user who currently has the Ultra 4800R and have never seen the app/clear cache setting. Peacock has been one of the slower apps of any, though I hadn't noticed it with Apple TV+..Max can be slow as well and the new app has audio volume issues causing the user to pump up the volume much higher than others.

Regardless, I've done the clear cache procedure with the remote and its yet to work..if memory serves its pressing home 5x's, the fast forward and back twice. When I do this it freezes the desktop and requires a restart. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos