Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnoyedLady
Streaming Star

[Discussion] Is Anyone Else Sick Of The Weird Al commercial?

Folks, back me up here, PLEASE!! I have seen that moronic commercial for the Weird Al movie at least 9 million times and I can't deal anymore.. I tried to watch it bcuz I did used to enjoy Al but I'm sorry, it's a mind-numbingly stupid movie and I'm guessing others feel the same way; the viewing stats must be in the single digits (which is probably the reason why they keep airing the commercials) so I'm wondering if we all band together, we can force Roku to stopppppp ittttttttt

Thanks for letting me vent

9 REPLIES 9
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Is Anyone Else Sick Of The Weird Al commercial?

I'm so sick of that commercial too! Plus the home improvement one with Jessica Alba, Martha Stewart and that other guy on the boat with Tom Brady. All Roku does is replay the same ads over and over again as if they are trying to specifically annoy us. What I do is I pick up my remote and immediately hit mute when the ad comes on and try my best not to pay too much attention to it. It's not a solution but it helps not having to hear it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

As far as the movie goes, I mostly enjoyed it. But I'm old enough that I listened to the Dr. Demento radio show every week, and enjoy pretty much all of Weird Al's music. I even remember listening to Napoleon the XIV on AM radio in the '60s "They're coming to take me away". 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
yesmahnoor
Channel Surfer

okay okay dude

Unicorn13
Reel Rookie

Same here! It's beyond annoying and I'm totally tuned out from these excessively repetitive ads. Roku Live TV becomes almost unwatchable now. 

Missmar
Reel Rookie

Re: [Discussion] Is Anyone Else Sick Of The Weird Al commercial?

Absolutely!

Gerald5
Reel Rookie

That is just what I do hit the mute, but disgusting

0 Kudos
trothatl
Roku Guru

That commercial has caused me to close The Roku Channel numerous times. I love watching the channel with How It's Made, but when I hear "I love rock and roll" every single commercial break I have to turn it off. That and Martha Stewart saying "you might say I'm something of a... multi-tasker (wink)".

MES1963

Thank you I have to agree it's like every commercial break I love rock and roll Whatever the song is please stop it somehow thank you

0 Kudos
Bene
Channel Surfer

I switch the channel and then have to listen to the sushi commercial over and over. Couldn't Roku at least lower the volume?

0 Kudos