Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheared
Reel Rookie

Great British Baking Show VOD?

Jump to solution

What happened to the VOD version of the Great British Baking show? It was there yesterday, and today there is a new interface and it is gone. Was it a limited run thing meant to get people into the channel with no intention of it being available long term or a bug in this new interface?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Great British Baking Show VOD?

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your issue with the Great British Baking Show. It's possible that the content was removed as TV show and movie content availability may vary at times on The Roku Channel. We would recommend checking periodically to see if the content returns in the future. 

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
54 REPLIES 54
ELG1

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I was watching the Great British Baking Show yesterday and it is gone today. WITHOUT any WARNING. I was halfway through Season 7. The final season on Roku, and now I am unable to watch it. 

Jump to solution

Literally picked up a Roku just to watch this only to have the show disappear today.

I guess I will be returning it.

Roxysbh

Jump to solution

Yes same thing happened to me! I was watching the celebrity version and was just starting season 8.

Kkv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. Will they put it back on?  I was so enjoying it. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Understanding that this thread was regarding the VOD (video on demand) library for Great British Baking Show, keep in mind that the Roku Channel also has a live channel for this show in their lineup. (channel 447).  This evening they are currently running S6 of the Celebrity Baking Show for those interested.

For VOD, looks like Netflix currently is the only one offering it for streaming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

sheared
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you. Unfortunately, I started at season five, watched through the end, and was about to start back at the beginning. I'll check out Netflix, but the last time I looked, they only had the new seasons, not the older shows that had been on Roku yesterday.

Asellus
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If anyone knows where the earlier seasons of GBBO and GBBO Celebrity version are going to be on demand, I'd love to hear about it. I appreciate the offer of the FAST channel, but I just don't really want to watch it out of order. I'd pay a monthly subscription fee to watch it if I had to.

There was no notice on the leaving soon page, so it really rubbed me the wrong way. I was watching another show on Roku Channel that got removed, but at least they had it on the leaving soon page, so I knew about it. I thought, that's ok, because I can still watch GBBO. And then 4 days later that up and poofs. Hopefully it's just a mistake, but if not, any news on where I'd need to go to watch it would be appreciated. I am also hesitant to start watching anything on Roku Channel now. It seems I can't finish anything before they remove it, and it rarely ever comes back. Apologies for the rant.

Gaylebro

Jump to solution

While I appreciate the availability of the “live” stream, I was in the middle of season 4 and it just vanished. So disappointed!

Ctcowboy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Made it up to middle of season 5 and it vanished.  Wtf Roku?  Noticed Amazon prime has it but it says "video unavailable"... Is this some sort of contractual issue?  I wanted to at least make it to the end of Mary Berry!