Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epop
Reel Rookie

How to fix the Sling app not letting me enter my password

I have tried everything to get my sling tv on Roku. Nothing works. Roku does not allow me to log into my subscription service! Restarted Roku. Deleted the sling app and reinstalled. Powered off the Roku and restarted. I have exhausted every ‘solution’ and nothing works! Roku gives me the message “Your subscription to paid premium channels has ended”. What???!!! I can see my current account info on Sling.com but Roku has a bug and it’s affecting a lot of people, including me. It’s not a sling problem, it’s a Roku issue! 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix the Sling app not letting me enter my password

Hi @epop,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand and appreciate you for reaching out to us about this. For channel account authentication, we would recommend contacting directly the channel support team. Roku only holds the channel available on the platform.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@epop wrote:

Restarted Roku. Deleted the sling app and reinstalled.

If that's what you did, then you did it in the wrong order.  You must restart the Roku after removing the app and before reinstalling it.  Simply removing an app and immediately reinstalling accomplishes nothing.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
epop
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the tip but sadly, that did not work. I still believe the issue is solely on Roku.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, it's not a Roku issue.  Roku isn't displaying that message, Sling is.  You need to take it up with them.  Roku has nothing to do with how the Sling app operates.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos