Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeeGeex57
Channel Surfer

Re: NEWSMAX TV "Work Around" — Not a Roku Problem — You Can Still Watch Live...

Can't it says I have an active subscription for newsmax plus....  even though I can't watch it... now I can't delete it and re download it LOL

0 Kudos
waynecu1
Binge Watcher

Go to Roku account check to see if your bank info has expired mine did so I updated it  & clicked on add channel /app. NewsMax is no longer free as of Nov 1  I went with 15 Free try & sign up for $4.99 once it is done.  OK hope this helps   

0 Kudos
leorenee
Binge Watcher

The work around is pain. Not a true solution!

0 Kudos
waynecu1
Binge Watcher

Wednesday, I downloaded a web caster app using my cell phone what pain it was choppy slows sometimes it work give up uninstall app got update from this community and Newsmax + app for Roku was upgraded so I deleted the old one & reinstalled the new one sign up for Freebie 15 & then after that it is $4.99 I double check my Roku account and notice my banking info had expired so I updated that as well.  Now I can watch my NewsMax+   Even with it now being paid service it still cheaper than any of cable/sat packages ok have good day 

0 Kudos
GeeGeex57
Channel Surfer

Ty for the reply, but not my issue, my card does not expire until 2027, and they already charged me and took the money. 

In my subscriptions it shows I have Newsmax plus until December 4, 2023....

Thank you for all the replies and suggestions, I have done the following:

I have called Newsmax twice: first time took 4 hours to get thru and they said to call Roku...lol Second time they no longer answer.

I have gone into the Roku Settings and Systems, then Power, and I did a system restart 4 times now. I also Did a software Update more times than I care to count.

I have unplugged the device and reset it completely.

I have gone into my Roku account and checked my CC info, and it is up to date, my card does not expire until 2027. Besides, they already billed me, and took the money. The Newsmax plus subscription is listed on my account, and it says it does not expire until December 4, 2023. 

I tried to remove NewsMax from Roku, but because I have a current subscription, it will not let me delete the channel, the option is no longer there, I have tried several times.  I did manage to cancel it, but according to roku, I won't get the option to delete the channel until the 15 day free trial is over... lucky me.

Then I signed completely out of Roku, and restarted everything, tried the software update again, signed back in, went to the newsmax app, was prompted to sign in.  I signed in it showed what was currently playing on NewsMax plus, I clicked it to watch it, "Wake Up America Weekend", but instead it went to a dark blue screen that says Wake up America Weekend, MORE INFO.. clicked on More Info, and it says "You have been signed out. (Code{error code}) then it switches to a screen where it now wants me to subscribe at the $49.99 yearly rate.  The lesser rate is not on there most likely because I already have that plan.  So nothing I do gets me to watch Newsmax plus.

Newsmax no longer answers their phone it goes to a recording then disconnects. Doing a chat with Roku, doesn't do anything either.  I explained this whole situation and their response was Newsmax is no longer free... ummmm duh... I already told you guys, I paid for the new subscription. They walked me thru the reset and software update again, to no avail. Then said it was Newsmax's fault and to call them. So now they are blaming each other.

Here is what I think is going on.... When I look at my Roku account, it clearly shows I have the subscription, and gives the expiration date.  When I look at Newsmax plus, it has NO subscription.  this tells me, that Roku billed me the money, took the money and did not notify Newsmax plus, that I am a subscriber now, which is why their app will not work.

So I just got off the phone with Roku, and again, I am told Newsmax is no longer free... Which I told them at the beginning I paid for the new service thru them.  I cancelled my account with Newsmax on my roku account.  I wanted to be able to delete the app and get it new again to see if that would work.  They tell me I cannot delete the channel until AFTER the 15 day Free Trial... LOL  So I gotta wait 2 weeks, of not getting any service I paid for, to delete the channel off my account... 

Finally I just asked for a refund.  Between Newsmax plus, and Roku I have never seen such of a LACK of customer service in my life. They don't listen, they just want to give you a prerecorded speech... Newsmax is no longer free... we know, that's why we paid YOU for a subscription. 

How can you sell a product you don't have, or that you cannot deliver? It's basically theft, you take someone's money, and do not deliver the product... what else can you call it.  Been almost a week, and no one from Roku has gotten with someone from NewsMax plus to solve this issue? Unbelievable. 

Please do not delete my response, Roku.

0 Kudos
Pkoncz

Even with Roku, if you had newsmax before, you can't access it unless you subscribe to their new newsmax app that charges $5 a month. Newsmax there are success has gone to their head. I'm going back to Fox

0 Kudos
waynecu1
Binge Watcher

I also upgraded my Roku software under settings It says it updated automatically but I found that not always to be the case. ? how old id your Roku player?   I have Ultra 4k & My living room unit is a Roku3 which my Mrs. uses & she forever having to reboot Now I know what I going to get her for Christmas or Smart TV with Roku built in  ok hope this helps you out 

0 Kudos
GeeGeex57
Channel Surfer

It's less than a year old.  But I got it fixed.... unfortunately I had to cancel my membership on Roku, then call customer service for Roku, and get a refund.  Then I wend directly to newsmax plus, signed in and subscribed there.  Went back to my roku, logged completely out and back in again, and now it is there and playing. 

0 Kudos
Kat51

I have Newsmax on Roku too, can get it but the closed caption is on the bottom of the screen, I have a Firestick and went to Assessibility trying to turn off, and it seems to not be a Firestick problem.

I have tried contacting Newsmax and of course haven’t heard back from them.  I read it could be an App problem, but would that be Newsmax or Roku?

any suggestions?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Kat51 wrote:

Haven’t heard back from them.  I read it could be an App problem, but would that be Newsmax or Roku?

It's a Newsmax problem. Yes, it's their app, which Roku has no control over. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos