Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VOFSAR
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX TV "Work Around" — Not a Roku Problem — You Can Still Watch Live...

I had closed caption on my ROKU after connecting to NEWSMAX+. On the remote for the ROKU, I used the * key and it brought up a small menu with one of the choices to shut off closed caption. 

0 Kudos
jfh413

I love Newsmax, but this is bs. I subscribed with my Roku acct but still can't watch. It tells me to log in with my Roku acct but when I do it says that my login info is wrong. Never had to do that with any other subscription.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

This thread needs to be closed. There is no longer any need for a "work around" because Newsmax has updated their Roku app/channel to work with their new paid service. Any further/new issues should be entered in a new thread that is specific to the problem. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Georgia_M

Not worth the hassle 😕

I tried to cancel and put in new subscription but now taking me for $10 a month and still won't allow access to their shows.  Tries to make me sign in with Roku password and then says wrong password.  I'm done!

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Georgia_M then that's an issue that Newsmax needs to know, since they are the one that created and provides support for the app. There's nothing Roku can do to assist, as it's not their app, and have no access to the code the app uses. 

Dan

0 Kudos
renojim

@Georgia_M, if Newsmax is telling you to sign in with your Roku password then they don't know what they're doing.  There's NO way Newsmax knows your Roku password.  Either that or you're misreading what they're trying to say.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again - you never need to enter your Roku password on a Roku device and it's useless on anything but a Roku website.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Blackhens4

Still not able to get Newsmax+    Newsmax website says it is a paid service now

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Blackhens4 wrote:

Still not able to get Newsmax+    Newsmax website says it is a paid service now

Yes, Newsmax is now a subscription service. They have updated their Roku app to support logging in with your subscription credentials. Make sure your app has been updated.

If you have not subscribed yet, make sure you subscribe directly with Newsmax. If you subscribe through Roku or some other 3rd party you won't have access to your subscription of every possible device, and some have reported issues trying to log in. 

Dan

waynecu1
Binge Watcher

Yep now $4.99 per month or $49.99  year  the way I did it was I logon on to my Roku account updated my banking  info.   Add channel they recommend removing old app 1st  or check by right click app & select upgrade.  Also I would double check to see if you are using Roku latest software ok 

0 Kudos

I tried updating but no success. It accepts my log in and password but says I still owe money. I paid the yearly price but it does not acknowledge I paid it. Roku acknowledges the payment. so I put a dispute complaint in to my credit card company for a refund. Tired of dancing with all these companys.

0 Kudos