Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bosch91

Need Help with Youtube video glitch

this is a problem that I've had for months, possibly a year and it has only gotten worse. Whenever I'm watching youtube the video and audio feed will cut out for the video, leaving me with a black screen but I am still able to see where I am and what video I'm watching. The only way I found to fix this is getting out of the video and watching it again. Now it does this randomly in the middle of videos and after adds. Youtube says the video is playing but it's only showing a black screen.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Need Help with Youtube video glitch

Hi @bosch91

Thank you for the post.

If you're experiencing this issue with YouTube on your Roku device, here are some things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

• Restart your Roku device by going to "Settings" > "System" > "System restart". This can help resolve minor connectivity issues.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube app. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Clear the cache and data for the YouTube app. To do this, go to "Settings" on your Roku device, select "System", then "Advanced system settings", then "Network connection reset", and finally "Reset connection". After the Roku device restarts, reinstall the YouTube app and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or intermittent, it could cause YouTube to stop playing. Try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider to troubleshoot any connectivity issues.
  • Check for any software updates for your Roku device. Go to "Settings" > "System" > "System update" > "Check now". If an update is available, install it and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Try playing the YouTube videos at a lower resolution. This can help reduce the demand on your internet connection and may prevent the issue from occurring.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos