Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmcinally

Peacock unable to load for several days - tried everything

I have two Roku TVs, and beginning Friday neither of them could load the Peacock channel. The message is the same - Peacock is currently unavailable. All my non-Roku devices continued to function normally, and my Roku could load all other apps normally. I've tried it all, factory resets, clearing the cache, updating the tv & app, power cycling. I spoke with Roku & Peacock support - neither of them could figure it out and escalated the issue, no update yet.

The one thing that made a difference - if I changed from my usual Wifi (fIOS) to a personal hotspot, suddenly Peacock loaded. Not a viable workflow, of course.

I know others are seeing this issue. Also fIOS? Other ISPs? This seems like clearly an infrastructure problem between Roku & Peacock.

4 REPLIES 4
pnaw10
Reel Rookie

Re: Peacock unable to load for several days - tried everything

Same issue here, FiOS, Peacock not working on Roku.  If I spin up a hotspot on my phone, Peacock works, but I only get LTE here at home so it takes forever just to load the thumbnails on the menu, I didn't even bother trying to play a show.

0 Kudos
Pyzimber
Reel Rookie

Same issue here on my tv - loads and gives me a puss n boots error screen. Have cleared the cache, unplugged the tv, nothing works. Because I pay for peacock through Roku, I can’t remove the channel, I have cancelled the subscription and it still won’t let me remove the channel. Either Roku or peacock updated the app and now it doesn’t work at all…

0 Kudos
pnaw10
Reel Rookie

Is Verizon FiOS your internet provider?

I'm wondering if this is Fios specific or not.

0 Kudos
Pyzimber
Reel Rookie

Yes, I do have FiOS. It’s specific to the TV though, because I can watch peacock through my iPhone app. Haven’t tried through the ps5 yet, that’ll be the next attempt. 

0 Kudos