Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV app, not signed in, can't sign out

Jump to solution

Hi @Jamesp0925 @whitneywirghtas,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate your time posting and letting us know about your problem accessing the Pluto TV app. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far, and have you tried reaching out to the channel provider?

We hope this issue gets fixed soon.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue as well. However, it looks like the app is automatically signing somebody else's account in when I add the app. .....but won't let me sign out so that I can singn into my own account .....somebody named Citizen.

0 Kudos
Jibz
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is completely ridiculous! If someone can tell me how to sign out so that I can sign into my own account let me know. Until then I'm just deleting the app.

I've been trying to sign out for a FREAKING WEEK but keep getting the same message; "we're having some trouble. Please wait a moment and try again."

How is it that this thing is automatically signing me into someone else's account anyway.

It's just one glitch after another at Roku! What's new!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jibz, Roku isn't responsible for the Pluto TV app.  Try contacting Pluto TV:

https://support.pluto.tv/s/contactsupport?language=en_US

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RedSiegfried
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As far as "Citizen" goes, that's totally normal and not someone else's account.  That's what it normally shows instead of "username" or something like that when you're not logged in.  I've seen that before and it's nothing to worry about.  But yeah, Pluto needs to work on the app - it says you're logged in when you're really not, and you can't log out and log back in again with your own account.  This only seems to be a problem on the Roku app - app for IPhone works normally and you can also go to Pluto's website and sign in and see all your normal settings.

I've opened a ticket with Pluto on this but so far no resolution.  They did tell me that signing out was not availalble in the UK? but that was not relevant to my issue.

0 Kudos
RedSiegfried
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good news!  Looks like Pluto fixed it.  They didn't update the app, but now I can sign out of "Citizen" and sign into my real account.  Most likely they fixed something with authentication on the back end.  If anyone else is still having issues, give it a try - sign out and you should be able to successfully sign out and sign in with your real account.

0 Kudos
hector02d

Jump to solution

I attempted to sign out. The FIX did not take place for everyone. I'll keep trying to sign out. currently signed in as Citizen.  

mahoho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same for me.

0 Kudos
Username2
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm still having the issue. It doesn't let me sign out of Citizen.  When I go to sign out of Citizen, the app gives me an error and the channel stops playing, the app freezes, and I need to manually keep pressing back until I get the option to exit Pluto.  Then I can go back into it and watch a channel, but still signed in as Citizen. So it doesn't work for me still.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing. Please be advised that channel logins and authentications are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest contacting Pluto TV's customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are encountering with signing in and signing out of the channel.

You can contact them here: Pluto TV Contact Support.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos