Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niagara94
Binge Watcher

Roku Media Player - Trying to Use Either Plex or Windows as a DNLA

Jump to solution

Hi - I am trying to use either Plex Media Server or Windows (Media Player) as a DNLA to play my music on the Roku Media Player.  With Plex as the server I can only play one album at a time.  I would like to play say all the albums by an artist at the same time.  With Windows (Media Player) (Windows 11) as the DNLA it tells me that it can't find any compatible media.  I will gladly post the steps I took for either option, just didn't want to bog this down with all of that to start with.  Any help will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Media Player - Trying to Use Either Plex or Windows as a DNLA

Jump to solution

Hi @niagara94,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about using Plex Media Server or Windows Media Player as a DNLA to play music on the Roku Media Player, and we'll make every effort to give you the information that you require. Kindly check out this article on how to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music, and photos for details and information.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @niagara94,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We value your inquiry and interest in learning more about using Plex Media Server or Windows Media Player as a DNLA to play music on the Roku Media Player, and we'll make every effort to give you the information that you require. Kindly check out this article on how to use Roku Media Player to play your videos, music, and photos for details and information.

Please let us know if you have further queries, and we'll be glad to assist you.

Kind regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
niagara94
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi - Thank you for your reply.  I followed the instructions from the link that you mentioned.  However, I can only play one album at a time.  I'm trying to play all albums from one artist at a time.  How would I do that?  Thanks!

0 Kudos