Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrolly

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

I’m not able to access any games. When I click on games in the menus it brings me back to the Home Screen 

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Update: Well I finally got an email response from MLB.tv from the support ticket I created with them (which was limited to 300 characters). The email asked me a bunch of questions (what device, what games, what error, what is bandwidth etc) which I am pretty sure I tried to supply that info in the original ticket, but see and how it was limited to 300 characters I am sure I had to remove a lot of that info.

Just to check before responding I tried to watch a game with the old 3700X Roku so after doing updates on Roku and MLB App and multiple restarts and updates and I saw that I got new 11.0.0 Roku software. Hmmm, thought maybe they fixed it, but nope, still the same problem (MLB App just exits after playing video just a few seconds).

So I sent them the info and will see how long it takes this time for something to happen. Took 2 weeks to get this far. Have to say I got much better support here with regular MLB customers/Roku owners.

0 Kudos
mlimberg

Re: MLB.TV 2022 Only Starts From Beginning

Yes, same problem 

0 Kudos
NESports2022
Channel Surfer

We all know that Roku doesn't make the app, but it is definitely a Roku issue!! None of the suggested remedies work, somebody at Roku needs to get off their ass and fix it!

0 Kudos
DJ64
Channel Surfer

For the last 10 days, since my last comment, Ive watched all games on demand, after they were over and did not have any issues in any game. Today, 4/21, I logged on to the Mets/SF game while it was in the 8th inning, using the NY broadcast and it played fine for about 20 min. On the play that ended the inning, I got "network error- retry". I did, about 4 times & each time I got network error at the exact same spot, so there's still an issue of some kind they haven't fixed. Then I switched over to the SF broadcast instead and it played fine for the last inning.

Now I've jumped over to the Boston/Toronto game (live) and it's played without a single glitch so far (NESN broadcast)

I also noticed, tuning in to a Live game seems to automatically start at the beginning regardless, which I like actually, because if you don't know the score and want to watch from the beginning to see the whole game, you can without having to wait for it to finish. The jump to live is handy if you want it, but you might not.
This is all using the new Roku 3941 I bought back on 4/11

0 Kudos
NESports2022
Channel Surfer

Good to know...I haven't tried today, but I assume not coincidentally the NESN app I have on Roku also stopped working. I tried all of the same remedies and still no luck....so I bought the MLB streaming package which worked the first time on roku but now nothing, although works fine on my Sony Smart TV in another room that I downloaded the app on. In any case, all very frustrating as Roku keeps passing the blame onto the app when there's clearly an issue on their side, and none of their suggestions work. 

0 Kudos
SSB
Reel Rookie

<<<Today, 4/21, I logged on to the Mets/SF game while it was in the 8th inning, using the NY broadcast and it played fine for about 20 min. On the play that ended the inning, I got "network error- retry". I did, about 4 times & each time I got network error at the exact same spot, so there's still an issue of some kind they haven't fixed. Then I switched over to the SF broadcast instead and it played fine for the last inning.>>>

Exact same thing happened to me in the 8th inning of the Yankees/Tigers game today!  

I tried it on both Rokus...one an Ultra 2019 and the other, an Ultra 2020.  Happens in exactly the same place.  I tried in on the Smart TV...works fine.

My father has a Roku Express.  Same thing...once it started crashing, it kept crashing.

So, this is a thing.

0 Kudos
jonbeer69

@braves44 wrote:

I deleted the MLB app, unplugged my Roku, and did a cold reboot.  I also unplugged my Internet router (xfinity) and gave it a few minutes to rest before rebooting it too.  I ran Roku update check and then re-installed the MLB.TV app.  That seems to have fixed it, as the error hasn't happened since. 

This 👆 worked a charm for us

Kash52
Binge Watcher

LAUGH OUT LOUD, (in frustration!). I too just today 4-21-22 received a response from MLBTV re: the issue of the games freezing and displaying "internet error" SEVERAL times while watching a game via Roku. I emailed them over 2 weeks ago! YES, they also wanted me to answer a bunch of questions which may require MORE than the 300 word limit they allow.  I responded asking why it took them so long to respond. In addition, I told them I solved the issue on my own my updating the MLBTV app on our smart TV.  I suggested that they allow MORE than the 300 word limit to state any problems. I doubt they'll respond, but it felt good to write them. 

0 Kudos
SSB
Reel Rookie

Rebooting, deleting app, etc., didn't work for me on Roku.

It works on Smart TV (for now), but that's only in one room.  The other room only has a Roku.  (As does the room with the Smart TV.)  So...still doesn't work for TWO different Rokus.

My father will be out of luck because his Smart TV doesn't work with MLB.TV.  It'll start playing a game then it'd switch him to another game!  That's why I set him up with a Roku...which now also doesn't work.

This is ridiculous.