Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeteM15

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app and it’s May 7

I’m experiencing the retry network error on both my 4620x roku premiere and my roku 3.  I’ve updated my mlb app, checked for updates on my roku, unplugged my router and did a reboot…none of these things worked.  I called Mlbtv support and they told me this was a roku issue and I should call them.  My network connection tests are excellent for signal strength and good for download speed, usually coming in between 39-56 mbps.  This is super annoying.  I usually watch delayed.  Anyone find a resolution?  Most posts in here seem to be 3-4 weeks ago.  

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app since about 4/6/2022

@PeteM15 @dlee0708  I posted links of how to get support. A simple Google search will yield how many complaints there is about MLB.TV across the entire streaming platform for the past years. It’s clearly not a Roku issue 

Kash52
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to watch MLB games with MLB app and it’s May 7

Please try to tweet your problem to MLBTV.

https://www.mlb.com/live-stream-games/help-center

https://mobile.twitter.com/loudmouthjulia/status/1512585096909537281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://mobile.twitter.com/mlbfansupport

I sent a tweet yesterday (to the loudmouth site listed above) and they QUICKLY responded that they are aware of MLBTV and ROKU issues and are "working on it."  Perhaps the more Roku customers who tweet for support at MLBTV, the better chance we'll have with them "fixing" it!  YES, VERY FRUSTRATING to watch delayed games this season! We rarely watch the games live. The MLBTV service via Roku this year sucks!

0 Kudos
PeteM15

Thank you!  Which post of yours should I reference streamer sue? I checked your page and there are several.

0 Kudos
Kash52
Binge Watcher

YES! THANK YOU for your posting sites for support. Hope you don't mind, I just reposted those. I received a response right away that MLBTV is aware of the issues and that they are working on it.  Your post for support yielded a much faster response than emailing MLBTV directly. Thanks again & hope the issues are quickly resolved.

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@PeteM15  Go to page 10 of this thread. 

Kash52
Binge Watcher

Wow, Don. Thanks for update. I hope your mom is able to watch her games. I understand how frustrating that can be especially with limited use of her remote control.  Sounds like you are an awesome son trying to get the games for her.

And, yes, what you described getting network error is what we've been going through! Ugh!

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

@StreamerSue :  I posted links of how to get support. A simple Google search will yield how many complaints there is about MLB.TV across the entire streaming platform for the past years. It’s clearly not a Roku issue 

StreamerSue,

I setup a ticket with the MLB network quite a while back on the initial connection issues on the older device (Roku Express 3700X). 2 weeks ago they sent me an email asking some questions which I replied but I haven't heard anything since I sent them the email. Once my mom watches the 5/6/22 game if she doesn't have any problems and I still do on my device I might update them with the info in the remote chance it might help them and also maybe they might explain why she doesn't have problems and I do. 

-Don

0 Kudos
dlee0708
Binge Watcher

Edited (5/7/22 4:30PM CST): Its a 3940RW not 3940W.

@dlee0708 Wow, major troubles that I think everyone else has been having. This is the first time I experienced this. The few times before when controlling my mom's device and fast forward it would occasionally hang and I just restart the app and resume or just retry and it be fine after that. This time on my device trying to watch the 5/6/22 game It would get a network error and I click retry and it would play a few seconds and get another network error within a few seconds over and over. Restarted the game, restarted the app and it was the same thing no matter what I did.

@Kash52 :And, yes, what you described getting network error is what we've been going through! Ugh!

Kash52,

Yeah you are right about the ugh. I can read about the problems people are having but for me for some reason until I experience it I really can't appreciate it. I really got a better understanding of what everyone is going thru now. I just hope my mom's Roku stays working like it has been. 

One thing that could be the different is I actually have a different device than mom. Mom has the $34.95 Roku Express 4K Model 3940RW and I have Roku 3930RW that Roku offered me for $19.95 (normally $29.95) as an upgrade of my old 3700X. So it's possible the 3940RW avoids the problem. If when she watches the 5/6/22 game and its successful without any network errors and I still get errors I may get a 3940RW for myself and see if that fixes it for me. My feeling it won't fix it otherwise we would have heard about it.

-Don

0 Kudos
blb1028

Same. I’m so frustrated by it this season. In the past we’ve been able to select which inning we want to watch. Now you have to fast forward. And even if I press watch live it starts every game from the beginning. I’m so irritated with it. 

0 Kudos