Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Washed out picture on Netflix 4K on Roku Ultra

Hi, @Howches

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We appreciate you for sharing this additional information to us. We'd like to gather further details for our team to look closely into the issue. Kindly provide the following details:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team who will be working on the issue with investigation. 

We hope to hear back your response along the requested information.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Howches
Channel Surfer

• gray screen.jpgRoku device model, 4660x serial number , YJ002PO41331 device IDCK3832041331 , and software OS/version. 12.55 BUILD 4174-46(These can all be found in Settings > System > About).

• What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).This occurs on all channels with 4k source material.  Netflix, Hulu, Apple.  
  •  
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID). This doesn't work when I try it.  
  •  
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue, Attached
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Howches wrote:
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID). This doesn't work when I try it.  

You have to press them pretty quickly. And the Back button is the upper left button on the remote just to the left of the Home button. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Howches
Channel Surfer

Here it is.  Before I was pressing it from watching the movie.  This works when I do it from the home screen, although there is no problem with color on the home screen.issue tracker.jpg

0 Kudos
DMattox16

Have you found a solution to this? I’m having the same issue

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @DMattox16!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we'd be happy to look closely at the washed-out colors you are seeing on Netflix.

In this case, we'd like to gather further information about this so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution:

• Is this problem only happening on Netflix or are you having the same issue on other channels too?
  • Does this affect all of the content inside Netflix? When did you first observe this? 
  • Could you please send us a photo of it, and another one from a different channel for comparison?

We'll be anticipating your response so we can find you the best resolution possible and get you back on streaming. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RichardLG

HI, I am finding I have exactly the same problem with not only Netflix but with the Roku home pages and menus. It's not only darker, but black text one a lighter background enhanced the text with a bright white edge. It's really not very pleasent to watch. I also get some flickering on certain still images. I have an LG OLED TV.

I have performed the factory reset and reinstalled it twice now. It's not making any difference to the washed out colours. Could you help, please. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RichardLG

My situation has improved by whiching from 4K Dolby Vision HDR TV to 4K HDR TV however, the colours aren't as rich as using the LG TV Netflix app. The screen is brighter but all the colours are simply lighter.

0 Kudos